Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flasher

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flasher

I have an opportunity to swap the falsher thats in the dash of my boat for an Eagle Fishmark 320. What do yall think I should do? I don't use the flasher very often because I have a depthfinder sitting right beside it.

I just wondered if there was an advantage to the flasher that I wasn't utilizing.

Honestly I would like to have the new fishfinder to replace the Eagle Strata 128 I use at the wheel.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default how old is it?

Is the one your wanting to swap a Lowrance?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to keep in mind is there is a delay in the readout on the Fishmark 320. What you are seeing is actually 10 feet back of where ever transducer is located on your boat. The Flasher there is no delay. It is instant with the flasher.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it came on the boat new which is a 1993. It is a Lowrance 1240A Bluewater Pro. I know about the delay Ranger I know if you're marking a drop a you toss your marker behind the boat. I can get right on them usually with the Eagle I have. Thing is I don't use it now so I don't think I'm gonna start anytime soon. So this seems like a good trade, benefiting me. I mean I get a new depthfinder for something I don't use.

I was just curious as if there were any advantages to using a flasher and a depthfinder?

Post Thanks / Like

Advantage to me with the flasher is if you are running on plane will tell you water is coming before you run aground.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that would be when no water is coming, if your running aground :D

Post Thanks / Like

Make the swap. The 320 will tell you exactly what is down there, instead of having to make educated guesses. You will get quick processing too, but it doesn't graph the instananeous information. Instead, it has a flasher bar mode on it at the far right of it's display screen. This gives you the same info as a regular flasher, but does not chart the info accross the dispay screen of the unit.

I have one and love it. A flasher can also transmit a lot of underwater noise as well, which will spook shallow fish. My 2 cents. <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna do it. I already too the flasher out and I'm about to go out and remove the transducer.

Anybody got any Ideas for something I could use to fill the empty hole in the dash? If not I'm gonna call my uncles and see if one of them has an old flasher to put in the hole, just for looks.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a holder for a hand held GPS? May be a marker buoy rack or rod holder rack depending on where ya had it... <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Its right in the middle of the dash right behind the wheel. Tach and speedo are on each side of it. No room to mount much else. Thinking of cutting a round piece of some kind of plastic and gluing it on to cover it, til I think of something better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast