Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motorguide Wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motorguide Wireless

Bought A New Motorguide Wireless 50 Lb Trolling Motor. Been On Boat 6 Months. Works Great, But Cant Figure How To Use Depthfinder On This Setup. The Mounts Different From Old Trolling Motors. Transducer Hits The Mount When Its Stored And The Transducer Cable Cant Rotate Like Normal. Anyone Installed Transducer On 1 Of These? Its An Entirely Different System.
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have one also, and i don't see how you could mount the transducer to the motor. the way it pulls up through the ring, and snaps in the cradel will not allow for a normal mounting. i mounted my transducer on the transom for this reason.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same trolling motor,and have yet to come up with a fix. I am working on snap rings to hold the cable but am at a loss as when it is stowed.I have yet too use the motor in the water as am doing a rewiring job on boat. I have the 24 volt 75 lb model.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

They sell them with the built in transducer, there 100 more but thats the best way to go, got one myself its really a great motor.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has a MinnKota that has a similiar arrangement. He was able to secure his transducer cable with cable ties. One at the top and one at the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a minute when you deploy the unit, but I secure the cable to the shaft with velcro straps from Home Depot. One top and bottom does it. Easily remove when stowing.
    Waterboy1