Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Old Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Ranger Boats

I'm looking for a picture of a old Ranger boat that looks similar to a Bomber Bass boat or a Collins Craft Boat. I have one that is listed as a Collins Craft, but a friend that saw it says it looks like an older model Ranger Boat. I don't know because I haven't ever seen one. Any help would be appreicated.

luremaker358

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Luremaker358 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Luremaker358
    I'm looking for a picture of a old Ranger boat that looks similar to a Bomber Bass boat or a Collins Craft Boat. I have one that is listed as a Collins Craft, but a friend that saw it says it looks like an older model Ranger Boat. I don't know because I haven't ever seen one. Any help would be appreicated.
    luremaker358
    Are you talking about the round nosed, tri hull front, kind of "bass boat" ??

Look at this web page .... photo at the very TOP of the page : http://www.flwsportsgallery.com/gallery.html
    See if that's what you're looking for.

If not, I can pull up a pic of a 1983 Ranger ... a little sleeker, more pointed nosed, version that may be closer in looks to what you have. Might be helpful if you could list year/model of your boat, or pictures.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,It has a rounded nose like the one on the web site. I will check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy, the boat on the web site you gave me was similar, but not like the one I have.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb most likely ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luremaker358
    Crappiepappy, the boat on the web site you gave me was similar, but not like the one I have.
    your boat resembles a later model of Ranger. They were the first "Bass" boat ... and probably didn't get rid of the rounded bow and tri-hull front, until several years later ... when they started making bigger outboards, and putting lift pads into the boat bottoms (prior to that, they were probably all flat bottomed).

(that was just the oldest picture of a Ranger, that I could find)

Here's a pic of a 1983 model (for comparison) :

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

It look more like the other one on the web site you gave me. Thanks a lot for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Ranger Aztec may be what you are looking for. It was kind of inbetween the two pictures posted above. I couldn't find a picture to send, but you might look into it...
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, mgoodin for the info. Maybe I will find out someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default collins craft

My father ( Jerry Collins)started Collins craft with 2 friends,Warren and Ernie.
    They built boats from 73 to 78 before he sold out. Then Ernie took the molds and started Randall Craft. If your boat says CollinsCraft in plain print it was one of the first. If it is in cursive, it was after my dad bought it back and built more boats. Be thankful it is a collins craft because they are super boats. They are insinkable. Randall craft stated cutting corners to save on cost and they went downhill from there.
    I would love to see some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently saw a 76 model Ranger Tri-Hull 16 Ft. with a 90 Johnson. He pulled up to the pier at the ramp and he and I compared boats as they looked alike. Mine is a 76 Fish-Master Tri-hull 16 ft. center console. His was a side console and Blue. Mine is Red. We were amazed that most features of boats were similar. His motor was original. Mine came with a 90 Johnson but am now running a 70 Yamaha. Great for Spider-Rigging-Very stable.