Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BnM bucks graphite jig pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM bucks graphite jig pole

Does anyone have any experience using this rod? What length would you recomend 10,11,or 12ft? thanks for any help, is it worth buying?

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the 10' that I got, been using it about a year.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I have three 12 footers that I like. But, all I do is tightline with them. I fish 10 - 25 ft water and they have done real well. I just bought a Sam Heaton SS and I don't won't to put it down. It is much more sensitive and lighter than my BnM's. I'm like everyone else - you fish with what you have confidence in and what feels right for you. That's my two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

The BnM poles are all I use. I have 10 of them and afew are different styles. 8 are the 12' graphite jig poles. One is a 12' Ultralite which is my favorite. Another is a 12' jig pole that looks like a fly rod. The reel at the end instead of middle of the handle. It has a decent action and balance. I also have a Heaton rod which is lighter and more sensitive than the rest but I have trouble swinging fish into the boat with it. I have tried Cherrywood's but never liked them, heavy and not sensative. I tend to like the longer ones as they seem to be more sensitive. JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Default B 'n' M Poles

Tubes...I have several B'n'M Jig Poles, and absolutely love them! Two of them are 11', and the rest are 12 footers. I use them strictly for vertical jigging with or without a bobber. They are very sensitive and has a strong backbone to swing the big uns into the boat. What I like about these poles is when getting a bite, I set set the hooks hard to assure a hookset, yet not tearing the hooks out of their mouths. I also paint the tips of the poles up to about an inch from the first line guide with bright orange spray paint. The paint not only helps me "see" the light bites, but I really believe that it helps protect my tips from getting nicks and breaks should I bump it with an hard object. B'n'M also has a reputation of great customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10 ft that i've had about a year and really love it.

Post Thanks / Like

We use 10 and 11-foot B&M Buck's Graphite poles set up with slip-floats for minnows and keep them in rod holders. For tightlining we use 12-foot Sam Heaton Signarure Series and Sam's Super Sensitive poles.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default SS sam Heaton

I bought a SS sam heaton 10 ft last year, caught 4 fish with it and on the 5th it snapped in 1/2. Kinda like Minnie Pearl it had the price tag, plastic stretch wrap on the cork and tag still on it. Bass pro gave me a new one. I have not used it yet though.