Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Anchor Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Anchor Opinions

Anybody have some opinions on electric anchors such as the Minn kota deckhand models? Been looking at the 25 models and up. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one on my Tracker PF16. I like it well enough but the anchor does not always want to drop from where the anchor is resting being the anchor is rubber coated it kind of sticks. Sometimes I have to push it out. Also when it drops it doesn't just free fall like when you put a loose anchor in the water but rather it is lowered via motor at a slower speed which allows for the boat to drift from where you wanted to anchor originally. I believe there is a 8 or 10 lb anchor on it.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Which brand do you have? I am looking to use 20 lb anchors.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen an electric anchor that did not take up alot of fishing time trying to get it to work. I would not own one! Tie your anchors to a 50 foot piece of rope and then tie to a cleat. I try to anchor as little as possible due to spooking fish. I also like to go to fish and not wait for them to come to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 deck hand 40's , 1in front & 1 in back with 30# anchors would not own a boat without'em

Post Thanks / Like

Btts, thats the setup I am looking to do as well. Been looking at the older 35 models still around too. I find that I need a minimum of 20 lbs per anchor to keep from drifting sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the 30# anchors because we had boats (water lice)going by us causing big wakes. A little hint once the anchor hits bottom pull about a foot or two of extra line off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FroggerZ
    I've got one on my Tracker PF16. I like it well enough but the anchor does not always want to drop from where the anchor is resting being the anchor is rubber coated it kind of sticks. Sometimes I have to push it out. Also when it drops it doesn't just free fall like when you put a loose anchor in the water but rather it is lowered via motor at a slower speed which allows for the boat to drift from where you wanted to anchor originally. I believe there is a 8 or 10 lb anchor on it.
    I got married almost 4 years ago. We received so many Walmart gift cards, I thought it would be a nice jesture to put an anchor winch in the back so my bride would not have to do the chores. I ditto everything Frogger sez...even the type of boat. I had so many problems with it I was about to give up on it. Throw the activation switch away and use a three way toggle switch. Cut about 30' of rope off of the spool. Then it will work most of the time and is real handy when it does. My wife don't usually go fishing with me now that we are married. I guess she figures one winch in the back of the boat is enough.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, forget the name but it works good. I hate using your standard toss over the boat anchors. Pull up 10 pounds of weeds and get everything all wet really isn't fun when you're constantly moving. With my electric, if I pull up anything, I just dip and shake it back in the water a few times....

I would recommend one to anyone depending on your boat.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one I own. Not quite as new but I love it.
    As a matter of fact, I made my second one myself with there motor and pully. Saved a ton of money.

I wouldn't be without it.

Also, I owned a Minkota and didn't like that one at all.
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast