Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting pics

I have tried numerous times to download a photo and it will not work. I am downloading from my personal files it is a jpeg image and is scaled down to fit size. What else could be wrong?

Thanks.
    "Dixie Boy"
    Monkey Town Jigs "The Evolution of Crappie Jigs"
    Dayton, TN

Post Thanks / Like

The way posting pics works is that the pics need to be at a web address so they are in an URL.

Most folks I know use photobucket.com for their forum photos. It's free and is set up for sharing pictures.

What you do is upload a photo to photobucket, then once it's displayed, there will be four boxes under the picture like this
    :

if you click on the bottom box, it copies an "IMG" link to your computer's clipboard, you go to your forum entry and put the cursor where you want the picture and either do a Ctrl + V or Edit > Paste, to paste the link into your post. Until you click preview, it will just look like a web address with "IMG" and "/IMG at either end enclosed in square brackets "[]".

After that, if you click preview, you should see your picture in your post.

Now, one thing to remember - if you remove or rename a photo at photobucket.com, every link in every forum post you've made that points to that photo will be broken and those posts will no longer show the picture.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Another good tip ..... (for anyone)

when using Photobucket :

there's an option to set a specific size to all photos ... use the Message Board size option, and you won't have to worry about resizing your pics, and they'll work just fine on this site.

... and it's also a good idea to hit the Enter Key or Space Bar a time or two, between your message text and the IMG address of your picture (and between IMG addresses, if posting more than one picture per message). This will keep your words and pics from colliding, or keep your pictures from seperating your text into broken lines. Again, as Joejv4 has suggested, use the "Preview Post" button to check how the message/picture setup will look, before hitting the "Submit Reply" button and posting it. (you can "practice" on the Test Forum, until you're comfortable with using these features).

Photobucket is free, and it's pretty easy to use. It is also a good place to have your photos stored ... in case your computer malfunctions and loses or destroys your photo folder. And, as in my case, you upgrade to a new computer and don't want to or can't copy your photo folder to the new system.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Bump this to the top bot new folks

Post Thanks / Like

I find resizing them to 640x480 makes a nice posting size. Download and use the excellent free picture program Irfanview. Use irfanview to resize to the above size - Image tab - Resize, then go to the File tab - Save as - name the pic and put it somewhere you can find it on your hard drive. Sign up with photobucket and upload your resized pics. Copy the IMG url below the pictures in photobucket for each pic and just past it in the text of the post.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

In the message as you are about to post it there's a MANAGE ATTACHMENT button, click that one, the BROWSE, then find your file. Crappie.com DOES ALLOW you to UPLOAD directly...THIS IS YOUR EASIEST ROUTE. You don't have to upload somewhere else as someone just stated. The image FILE SIZE has to be less than 150K, or close to it. It's easy. Going to photobucket and all that is a waste of time...IMO

Email me the pic and I'll put it directly on this site. No photobucket, No other websites involved. [email protected]
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 08-22-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

as Sac A Lait said heres a pic of my boat that I just up loaded from my hard drive. only takes a couple of clicks. Start at that paper clip symbol and go from there. Browse your files, select pic, open it click add attachment then close that window and put your message in.
    the only thing is you can't arrange them in your post like you can from Photobucket. At least I haven't been able to.
    Last edited by wannabe fisherman; 01-10-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried photo bucket also but found I like loading pics straight from my pc better.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I must be lucky once I figured it out, I just hit browse and upload from my desktop, I can resize with iphoto, it's a freebie.
    Once you gt it figured out it's great! What are a few gray hairs?
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Photobucket is not so much a waste of time ....

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    In the message as you are about to post it there's a MANAGE ATTACHMENT button, click that one, the BROWSE, then find your file. Crappie.com DOES ALLOW you to UPLOAD directly...THIS IS YOUR EASIEST ROUTE. You don't have to upload somewhere else as someone just stated. The image FILE SIZE has to be less than 150K, or close to it. It's easy. Going to photobucket and all that is a waste of time...IMO
    Email me the pic and I'll put it directly on this site. No photobucket, No other websites involved. [email protected]

as it is a "insurance policy" ... in the event you lose/destroy your photo folder on your computer (you'll still have duplicates in Photobucket). And, you don't need a resizing program, or even have to know how to use one or download one ... Photobucket has a simple and automatic resizing option built right in.
    And, yes ... while it is easier/quicker to upload directly from the home computer into the manage attachment setup, here on the site, it's still only the difference of a few mouse clicks. It's worth it to me. And here's why ... I bought a new computer, which has Vista Home Premium as the OS. My picture folder was the only thing I had on my old computer, that I wanted to move to my new computer. In order to have done that, and not having had my pictures saved on Photobucket, I would have had to purchase a $40 setup to transfer the info/images from my old computer to my new one. Since I had my pics on Photobucket ... no need for the transfer system. Anytime I want to view/post my pics ... I can go to Photobucket, from ANY computer (home/work/someone else's) and pull them right up. Otherwise, I'd have to purchase the "PC anywhere" program.
    It's a good deal ... either way you choose to go. And having the option to use either way, to post your pics, just insures that most anyone can do it. There are, of course, many free hosting sites, other than Photobucket. Again, it's a matter of choice, among many different and good hosting programs ... Photobucket just happens to be the one I chose, as did many other members.

.... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast