Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fantasy football

Post Thanks / Like

Default fantasy football

anybody on here play fantasy football. or even know what it is? i get in 2 pay leagues a year. i really enjoy it, that's my gambling for the winter. lot less expensive than roulette:o thought maybe if there are at least 8 of us, i could set up a free league, just for fun. bragg'n rights i guess. i know there would be plenty of people on the main board. but it's not near as fun if your playing with a bunch of strangers, gotta be able to smack talk:D that's part of it. anyway don't matter either way, i'm play'n in some anyway, just thought it may be fun for us regulars. just a thought. GO CHIEFS oh ya and go royals:D

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never played but would be interested...break it down for us.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, as a suggestion, you might want to consider doing a Pro football pick'em. (We use Yahoo.) We found it a lot easier to maintain and less time consuming. You don't have to keep track of a lot of players, stats, bye weeks, etc. You just try to pick the game winners each week.

Mike
    "jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

alrighty it's pretty simple. we would have a draft just like regular football. usually a league consists of 8 to 12 people. draw #s out of a hat from 1 to 12. and that is your pick. you have usually 17 rounds. you pick players off any team you want. each week you start 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide recievers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker, and a defense. it's all based on a point system. you get points based on how many yards your qb throws (usually 1 point for every 25 yards). 6 points for a touchdown. pretty much the same for rb's and wr's. you get 1 point for every 10 rushing yards or recieving yards and 6 points for a touchdown. kickers get points based on how far they kick field goals. defense get's points based on points allowed, sacks, fumbles and so on. you just go off how that particular player does that sunday. if larry johnson has 84 yards and 2 td's, then you would get 20 points from him that week. you just add up the total of points of your starters for that week. usually most people will get 4 rb's and 5 wr's and a couple of qb's cuz you can change out your roster weekly. up to 5 minutes before whatever time that team is playing. you play a different team every week, we play against one another. and have playoffs and a superbowl. only play 14 weeks cuz u run into problems with a lot of regular starters not playing for whatever reason towards the end of the season. after everybody get's a team established, usually 17 football players on each person's team if you have 17 rounds. duh. the rest of the players go on a free agent list. then you can drop somebody from your team and pick up another player, free agent. guy's can make fair trades between each other. it's actually really easy. the computer adds up the points for you and really does all the work. we would have the draft and pick our teams. after that, all the individual person has to do is make sure you have a lineup in each week. and of course make sure that player is starting and not hurt or whatever for the week. i just set up a league through yahoo sports. and we have a draft online at a certain time. whoever got first pick, picks first then 2nd guy pics and so on. and you go up and down 17 times or however many rounds we choose. i can set up the point system however we want. but the points i stated are pretty much the point system that is used. heck you don't have anything to lose but your pride:D . iv'e been doing it for 6 years. i pay attention to football a lot more cuz i get in one's for cash prizes. sunday is fantasy day for me.:D heck you can put in your starting lineup and never look at it for the rest of season. you just will have players in your lineup sometimes that won't play so you won't get any points for that person. we fantasy players call that just not trying. which is no biggie in a free league. that's why iv'e gotten into a couple of one's you pay for cuz those guy's are diehard like me, and play to win. hope this makes some since, i figured as much crap as we give each other on the site. this would be a cool thing to do then we have more fuel for the fire. if you like football you'd like this. hope this explains it. like i said after you get your team the computer pretty much does the rest. i'm just a football geek now and keep up with EVERYTHING and every player pretty much daily. won $500 last year between my 3 leagues. but this would be free and for enjoyment only. it's so easy a caveman could do it:D :D let me know what you guy's think. i can set it up if you guy's wanna try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    Jeff, as a suggestion, you might want to consider doing a Pro football pick'em. (We use Yahoo.) We found it a lot easier to maintain and less time consuming. You don't have to keep track of a lot of players, stats, bye weeks, etc. You just try to pick the game winners each week.

Mike
    "jackpot"

yah that is easier, iv'e done the pro pick'em the last few years on nfl.com. but not much fun i don't think. but your right it is easier. there's several different options and different contest just thought this would be a lot funner. but i also have more free time than the average person. it's something i enjoy and keeps me busy when i'm not on the water or in the woods.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do it. Set it up
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

You must of layed off the cold ones last night....i'm willing to try it for a while but i'll let you know i lose intrest in most things (with the exception of fishin of course) dont know if i'll stick it out for 14 weeks but i'm willin to try.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

yah most people do lose interest if there not into football a bunch. well maybe we can do the pro pick'em or something, you just have to pick winners of the games. or heck we don't have to do it at all. just a brain fart last nite:D yes bug's i did lay off the cold one's last nite. heck i was on here half the nite saving my energy for tomorrow. gonna be a long one carting baller all around trying to keep him on the fish. he get's a little grumpy if i can't keep him busy don't cha know :D

Post Thanks / Like

I really like picking your players each week.
    You can use the same player three times in the first 13 weeks and once in the remaining 3 weeks.
    This method eliminates being screwed the rest of the season if your main players get injured and are out for the season. Take a look at ten most notable injuries between 1989 and 1999 and I can assure you I had 8 of the ten on my fantasy teams that messed me over for the season.
    1 QB
    2 RB
    3 Recievers
    1 Kicker
    1 Defense
    Scoring is typical.
    I could keep track. Entries would have to be completed by Wednesday 5:00pm.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's an idea...

OK, I like fantasy football -- it is fun. But it does take some time. So... if we want to do that or even a weekly pick'em -- how about some crappie-related stakes????

Whatever we do should be via one of the online sites to make it easier and the weekly pick'em would be less time consuming. But we can do whatever.

My idea, however, is that everyone who plays for the season is willing to put up a box/bag/container of their favorite color crappie jigs as the bet. The winner of the league gets this from all of the league recipients. So if I win (unlikely), I get a small plastic bag/box of jigs from everyone else who plays. If you're a "minner man", you could put up a jar of nibbles as your stake. After all, I wouldn't want a few dozen minners coming to me via mail. :D

It would be a neat way for someone to accumulate a "best of" collection of jigs from fellow Missouri crappie.com'ers. What do you think???
    Last edited by LOZcrappie; 08-18-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast