Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie this morning

coach and i hooked up in the beast today and hit wylie. things wasnt going so well. when i tried to back the boat off the trailer, it seemed to be hung up on something, and wouldnt come loose. time and again i backed up shaking the damn thing trying to get it to slide off and it was a no go. i finally said, im either gonna float the boat or sink my truck and went back till i heard the exhaust blowing bubbles and the trailer was floating,, like it was hooked to the boat and it was still a no go. this guy that was fishing there beside the ramp come over and said, you got a rope tied from the back of the boat to the trailer and i looked and sure enough, there was the rope hooked to the trailer. I have a rope snapped to the ski tow hook i use to snatch the anchor loose when its being stubborn that someone had hooked to the trailer sat night at the social when the boat was loaded.. I guess they figgered that was what it was there for..... after getting the boat in the water, the fog was so thick you couldnt see 20 ft so we had to use the gps navigation to go from the bb all the way to the allen steam plant discharge channel on the south forkwhich took a long time to do.. we drifted from the discharge all the way to the main lake channel with only one crappie and one catfish for the drift. we talked to two guys who was fishing and they hadnt caught anything. If you two guys read this, post to us what you done for the day, as im curious. anyway, we quit at noon and come in.maybe i should stick to night stalking..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet ya dropped a coupla f-bombs while you were messin with the boat and trailer :D What was the temps at the hot hole and on the main lake?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    I'll bet ya dropped a coupla f-bombs while you were messin with the boat and trailer :D What was the temps at the hot hole and on the main lake?
    I was smokin, tryin to get that boat unloaded. the temp at the mouth of the discharge canal was 75 degrees. at the mouth of the south fork there at that marina, it was 65 and on the main lake i think it was about 53.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there , sorry we missed you. Ended up with three.

Sharpening hooks and mapping out brim beds
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie

Rango and friends:
    Did you try the bridge just south of the Allen Plant "hot hole" when you fished the other day? I usually have good luck around those pilings.
    Greg
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of crappie nests

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=fishhead2112]Rango and friends:
    Did you try the bridge just south of the Allen Plant "hot hole" when you fished the other day? I usually have good luck around those pilings.
    Greg[/QUOTE

yeah, we spent a good bit of time in there fishhead. there was some bass on the bank, under that last piling to the right as you go in that was chopping the water pretty good., there was several bass boats seen it to, and rushed over there and threw all around the fish but never caught any. It was sorta comical, seein them toss all that stuff at them fish with no takers. we worked them pilings pretty good around the bridge and had no takers. at the landing i talke to a couple guys that was practising for the upcoming crappie tournament in a couple weeks who had been fishing all morning and only caught 8. he said it was a tough day, and we had to agree...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandman hits jackpot

Bandman and son ross caught 62 Monday night.Couple of fish over 2 lbs.He had about 20 slabs.I wish I could have gone Monday night for the slaying.