Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 6/12/04

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/12/04

Well I should have stayed home and fished my pond. All it did was rain . A few small crappies between showers .

Spent Sunday fishing for bass :o so didn't have a chance to see if crappies would bite. Until next week.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Back from Ontario. Not crappie! :D I did get a 28" walleye, and a 31" northern. Numerous smaller walleye and several other pike, but the fishing was not as good as the last couple years. Weather was cool and unstable, and the black flies were the worst I have ever experienced. Still, it was a very fun and relaxing trip. If I get out chasing crappie this weekend, I will report, but the grass is tall and there is much that was neglected while I was away (including the wife and dog) so I will be busy, might not get out fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Understand the "catch up"routine when you get back syndrome.

Sounds like it wasn't a bad trip. I'll make you feel better...went up year before last, 2 hours north of Wawa, in July. The weather was misearable and we had a tornado go through!!! But we did catch some fish. Let us know when you get back on the water and get to catching them crappies.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, did you drive of fly in? We flew out of Hawk Junction (just a few miles east of Wawa) with Air-Dale/Ontario Wilderness Adventures. The lake was about 45 miles north/northeast of Hawk. This was the families seventh trip with Air-Dale (my fourth) and all have been very good.