Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Stalking ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Stalking ?

If fishing in 30 ft of water, what depth is the best depth to put the light?

Will the bait fish go to that depth?

Do I need to start with a green light, then switch to a white light after the baith fish move in?

Thanks in advance.

SweetHome

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I always place my lights just underneath the surface, usually no deeper than the bottom of the boat. Reason is so a fish doesnt wrap the line around the light cords. I dont own a green light so someone else will have to tell you about that. I'd stagger the depths on my rods anywhere from 10-20' until I determined a pattern where the fish wants to bite. After the shad shows up you can also see how deep they are and lower a couple lines a foot or two below them to see if they'll bite. Some nights fishing is good and some nights it isnt so dont get discouraged the first time you have a bad night. Keep trying different structure (channel ledges, steep banks, etc.) and you'll find some fish. This time of the year might be tougher getting a good stringer of fish. Then again, you might get lucky and fill a cooler. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing the green lights you don't have to buy the 100 dallor ones. the 15" green lights at BPS work real well and are 15 dallors,i would also look at the Q-bean white lights they are also 15 dallors. i do use both, dept of lights 2-3 ft under surface usally works well like gabowman says don't get discourged some nights they just don't bite, but i would rather be fishing than sitting in this reclinner

Post Thanks / Like

SweetHome.....I fish with 12v fluorscent lights mounted on metal rods about 2 feet above the water. Almost any lights seem to draw baitfish which in turn draws crappie. We usually use one light per person. The darker the night the better. Just my $.02.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF