Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its coming already!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its coming already!!

I drove my mom to buffalo today and on the way we saw several trees that were starting to turn color. Its just a tree here and there. Typically the weak and young trees in bad spots, but it has started. 2 more weeks of august and it'll be Sept and the trout/salmon will start running in Erie and Ontario. Won't be long and I'll be chasin walleyes again and wearing pants, but I'll keep wearing shorts as long as I can. Al Gore must feel like making another movie about global warming after the heat you guys have had down there this summer. Its just 2 months from when we can start getting snow again. We have had winter start half way through Oct(first snow). Are you guys ready for the cold??
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Grizz
    Right now the cold looks awful good. yesterday in Louisville Ky. we had another record high 103 degrees.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Turning Trees

THE TREES IN NORTH CAROLINA ARE ALSO TURNING COLORS. WE ARE SHORT 9 INCHES OF RAIN FROM NORMAL AND TEMPS ARE AT RECORD HIGHS. OUR TREES ARE DIEING FROM LACK OF MOISTURE AND TOO MUCH HEAT. CRAPPIE FISHING HAS REMAINED GOOD ALL SUMMER ON JORDAN LAKE NEAR RAEIGH. WITH ALL THE HEAT MRS. MONK AND I HAVE BEEN CATCHING A LIMIT ON EACH TRIP.

MONK WILSON http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz
    I think you suffer from the same syndrome I do. I always look forward to the next season. I was raised in Houston Tx. We only had two seasons there...Summer and Christmas. I was transfered to Pittsburgh as I was turning forty. I couldn't beleave I was finally living in climate and seasonal changes just like in the geography books in school. Now I live in Little Rock where there are still four seasons that always amaze me. Specially during the Fall with hungry crappie and all of the colors.
    Thanks for reminding me!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

SNOW???? SNOW???? You're talking about snow already??? We have had 12 straight days of temperatures of over 103 degrees. We will settle for temperatures back in the 80's and some good old rain. Our lawn and gardens are a mess and the poor old fiiish are just jumping into the boat to get out of the heated water. They know I have a cooler on board with their name on it.

I left Ohio to get away from shoveling all that lake effect snow. Sure, the Crappies are "Dinks" up there compared to the south, but at least it rained once in a while. I'll be glad in December when it is 75 down here and we are still catching fish in unfrozen water and you are shoveling all that snow.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Rev

Up here, as you know, we rarely have to put up with over 90 degree weather. I'd rather shovel snow than sweat my body dry any day. In the winter, i can warm up enough to stay comfortable. In the summer, even with AC, i can only cool down so much. Got so much hair on my body, it's like wearing a fur coat.:D

Post Thanks / Like

100 here today COME ON COLD!!!
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Fickle weather

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Up here, as you know, we rarely have to put up with over 90 degree weather. I'd rather shovel snow than sweat my body dry any day. In the winter, i can warm up enough to stay comfortable. In the summer, even with AC, i can only cool down so much. Got so much hair on my body, it's like wearing a fur coat.:D

We drink lots of lemonade and water and it still is NOT ENOUGH on these scorcher days. I spend time watching fishing videos and making Clouser jigs on days like this. Where I lived in Ohio was right in the heart of the snow belt. We used to get snow 15 inches at a time. My Toro snow thrower gave up so many times it was hilarious. It was like the snow thrower said "I showed up.....you want me to work too?":D :D :D

Anyway, I DO like the laid back life style here in the south as well as Crappies that AVERAGE 1.5 pounds:D :D I got a bald head (NBA look) so I have to go fishing just to keep it cool.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

The heat here has been really bad and I mean stifling! Also no wind hardly at all and humid too.

Sux!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast