Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What Do You Think About Camoflauge For Bass Fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Do You Think About Camoflauge For Bass Fishing?

I BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN SEE ME WHEN I PULL MY BAIT OUT OF THE WATER. I FISH OUT OF A PIROUGE AND WHEN I PULL MY SPINNER BAIT UP OUT OF THE WATER I SOMETIMES SEE A BASS TURN AND RUN. I LEARNED THAT IF I WEAR CAMOFLAGE AND HOLD MY POLL STILL BEFORE I PULL IT UP OUT OF THE WATER THAT THE BASS WILL HIT IT LIKE CRAZY AND ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PULL UP AND NET IT. [COOL STUFF] KEEP A TIGHT LINE

Post Thanks / Like

lmao no offence but bass arent as smart as people think ....im sureit helps some but ill be damned if its 80 degrees out and im all decked out in some mossy oak outfit.....or do you camouflage yourself as water lol...

i have caught 10 lbers wearing gaudy ass colors that stand out like a sore thumb....

cant wait to see this become a fad on the bass tours

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i agree. usually a bass turns and runs because it realizes what its chasing isnt really food.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they make "sky" pattern camo - which would seem to me to be what you'd want if you were worried about the fish not seeing you.

Now, if you're crick (some call it creek) fishing for trout, I can see how maybe blending in with the woods in your background might help you sneak up on an unsuspecting brookie. I'm talking about tiny little cricks that aren't more than 4 or 5 feet wide. The ones where stealth is as important as bait presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont like big bass hitting me that close anyway,to short of a line out.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish a lake a good bit that was almost crystal clear. In the shallows I could see fish and tried not to get close to em so they wouln't see me. If you casted over a fish you could see, it would spook almost every time.
    And on the seventh day, He fished.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be more worried about casting a shadow on the fish.... The fish are conditioned in the early stages of life to avoid Blue Herons and other fish eating birds that cast shadows... Personally, I have been in bright yellow rain suits fishing ultra clear Florida ponds... 8-10lb. bass sitting on the bed less than 10' away..Never spooked a fish because of the color.. On a side note, I have spent most of my childhood studying the LM bass... While trying to tempt them to bite my worm of course... It wasn't uncommon for me to spend a whole Saturday trying to get one of those big females to bite... the hard part was keeping the worm away form the smaller male...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it would make any difference... camouflaged baits get eatin too!
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

i agree bass are pretty stupid really they hit alot of things that dont even resemble a bait fish or anything else on earth for that matter please dont take this wrong they are fun to catch but prime time bass fishing conflicts too much with crappie musky and catfishing for me
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS