Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Weiss Motel Memories

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Weiss Motel Memories

This is a true story that happened about six years ago. Some of you will know the man I’m talking about. We had just moved to Georgia and decided to take a drive to Lake Weiss to check out the lake. We pulled into Cedar Bluff and seen Lake Weiss motel thought we would stop and see how it was. Went into the office and there was a young guy in there. He said he was filling in for his granddad that was in the hospital. So we looked at the rooms and made a reservation for March. I ask the kid how the fish were biting and on what. He said they are biting these jigs real well so I bought the whole card and we left. Then comes March and we go to check in. Pop was at the desk and was sure glad to see us. He said he had no name, no phone number, just the reservation. He didn’t know if we would be there or not. We went fishing and when we got back he was outside. I told him I didn’t get a bite on the jigs I bought from his grandson. He gave me a real dumb look and said did you buy my jigs. That was my treasure. It was singed, GOOD FISHING, OLANDO WILSON. I took a look and sure enough so I gave it back to him. I was back there two years ago and found out he had passed away. He will be a very pleasant memory for the rest of my life
    Last edited by crip47; 08-13-2007 at 08:17 AM.
    CVA62.....64-68

PiscesMonkey Guest

Interesting true story there!