Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton

Clinton was tough yesterday for Chatt and I, we caught 43 and had 11 keeper's. What a difference a week makes. Last week 128 and this week 43, oh well that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Hef...I was out on Friday from noon until about 4:30...I know that sounds stupid to be out in the heat like that but it was the only opportunity I had this weekend....I was on Clinton and like Chatt I usually use minners...Thing was they would not hit a minnow...switched over to a beavertail and it was on....kept 17 is just over a couple hours with the beavertail...I had not been much of a beliver in those, but Friday really changed my mind...it was the only thing they would hit.

Post Thanks / Like

You bet they do! last time we fished below the dam here on Eufaula, stood right next to a guy using tube jigs, all he was catchin were skipjacks/redhorse carp on pink/pearl. We were using black/pink beavertails had about 3 to 1 on him , but he would not try one after we offered a sample bait....you can lead a horse to water but....?
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I did fairly good on saturday. We kept 18 and caught probably over 100 fish between the two of us. The minnows werent treating me any good at all. As soon as we switced to jigs we started getting them. It was a slow bite though, we really had to work them. The fish will nibble and pull the jig biody down, but if you're patient you'll get some good fish. For me the last couple of weeks it has been a certain location thats producing my fish though. I would say that 90% of my fish are coming off of less than 10 trees in an area less than 50 yards long. The fish are only on certain trees, but there are alot of fish on those trees. I've caught them from 4ft deep all the way down to 14ft deep. I start shallow and work my way down until I feel i've caught all the fish I can off of each tree.