Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishfinder question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishfinder question?

Hi all,
    Would like some opinions if you would on a change im wanting to make on my boat this year. I am currently using an Eagle fishmark 320 on my console. When I want to fish from the front of the boat by the trolling motor I always have to unbolt the screen from it's bracket and turn it around so I can tell whats going on from the front of the boat. I really like this unit and was thinking about purchasing another one just like it and hooking it up front with the transducer mounted under the trolling motor. I went to a local boat and travel show this evening and looked at what came factory with the new bass trackers ( I have a 1993 tracker ) and noticed that they all had Lowrance X37 fishfinders on the console. It seems no one uses the same fishfinders on both front and consoles of their boats . There always seem to be two different units. I can't find the Lowrance X37 unit for sale anywhere and the Lowrance web site says it is a manufacturers item and it is not for sale. So I am thinking of going to their next unit which is an X47 model. I am just wondering what some of your thoughts are as far as two different units on front and back and if you think the Lowrance X47 is a good choice for a console unit along with the Eagle on the front. Thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated and you guys are great!! It is really nice to have a place to kick around these ideas so we can make better educated decisions. Thanks again...........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

The two on my boat are not the same. Seems the one on the console goes out quicker than the one on the front. I usually purchase a new 'better' one when the console goes out then switch the front one to the console. I like the newest technology on the front for trolling as most of my console searching is for depth and structure and not specific details. JMHO.

ps: my front one now is a 320 and I just love it.

Post Thanks / Like

One problem you can run into with two units is interference between the two. On my boat I have an Eagle Ultra Classic on the console and Eagle Tri-Finder 2 up front. When I get into deep water the one up from goes crazy and reads 300 feet when it is actually only 25 feet. This is easily eliminted by turning off the console unit.

I was looking at having to replace the front unit until I talked to Eagle customer service and they told me it could be interference because the frequencies of the signal sent from each unit is only slightly different (192 kHz and 200 kHz). I did find that Cabelas has a very good comparision of several different depth finders taht they carry (which does include several different manufacturers)
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I have an eagle 480 and it don`t lie. For the money they are hard to beat.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigdragger
    I have an eagle 480 and it don`t lie. For the money they are hard to beat.
    I have the eagle 480 on the console and the 320 on my trolling motor. They work great and they are interchangable as they both have the same type plugs to the transducer. Some days i use the 480 on the troller and the 320 on the console just to see if there is a diffrence in pictures. I haven't noticed any diffrence in them yet. I've only had them since last october and i put the boat away in november so i didnt test them much.

whiplash Guest

Default sounders

I run a eagle 240 on the back and a garmin 240 on the front---no problems---

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up x-47 & x-47ex

I have a lowerance x-47ex. I think its a good unit but it's really the only one i've had. its b&w but it does everything I need. The range zoom and zoom lets you adjust to certain water levels or keep the bottom always in view. In deep water, over 6-8 ft, its very clear but shallower water is crowded. I believe it would be better on the console rather the trolling motor; both size units(x-47 & x-47ex) mount in console, have a wide cone area, depth and water temp displays, good control for navigation. I use the depthfinder and a gps to scout flooded timber and haven't broken the little thing on the transom, it just swivels up out of the way. there is also a 20 degree cone area little thing and a mount(hose clamp) if you want to use it on the front. I am considering a new one for the front and the matrix 37 is on sale??? but I would by the smaller x-47 as they are less than $100.00 ?? Catch a few for me; bbeaux

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Whiplash you like the Garmin 240 on the front? I just bought one from Shellback and I think I'm trading my in-dash flasher to a buddy for an Eagle 320. Not sure where I want to put which one.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find the sale on the Matrix 37's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    Where did you find the sale on the Matrix 37's?
    You can get a Matrix 37 for 187.95 from the factory on a trade-in program. Just call them and ask for the form. I mailed my old flasher and the form yesterday. Hummingbird Phone= 800 633 1468 Good Luck
    Last edited by blankace; 02-23-2005 at 09:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast