Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Power Drive Wireless CoPilot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Power Drive Wireless CoPilot

Think its time to go wireless. And thought I would ask if theres anything to watch out for when adding it to the Trolling motor?
    Also guessing I can keep the foot control hooked up also?
    How many Transmitter's have you lost? I may pick up an extra later on. but for now only one.
    How do you use your Transmitter? Wrist? Rod? I was thinking about trying to add it to my thigh. As when sitting down, Its in the best place. How does it come to use?
    Where is the best place with the best price?
    Also my motor is 3 years old. So guessing I would need the one for the flat plug?

Looking forward to getting away from that sorry old foot control and that stiff 18ft cable on it also.
    Pete

PS come on Weezer jump in here on this..

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to take the first one back. The plug was a very sloppy fit and would not make proper contact with the pins. The second one works great. I put the trasmitter on a strap and wear it around my neck. First one came from BPS and the second from a local Minnkota repair shop. I didn't really shop around as I figured by time I paid for shipping I wouldn't save that much anyway if anything. Yes you can leave the pedal plugged in.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I wear mine around my neck. Mainly because I only have one arm. Works good for me. The bad part is the speeds are not variable. I should not tell on my self but I fall out of my boat and couldn’t get back in. Used the remote to get me to shore. Best $150 I’d ever spent
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crip47; 08-11-2007 at 02:48 PM.
    CVA62.....64-68

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    I wear mine around my neck. Mainly because I only have one arm. Works good for me. The bad part is the speeds are not variable. I should not tell on my self but I fall out of my boat and couldn’t get back in. Used the remote to get me to shore. Best $150 I’d ever spent
    What do you mean the speeds are not variable? Mine are.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Think its time to go wireless. And thought I would ask if theres anything to watch out for when adding it to the Trolling motor?
    Also guessing I can keep the foot control hooked up also?
    How many Transmitter's have you lost? I may pick up an extra later on. but for now only one.
    How do you use your Transmitter? Wrist? Rod? I was thinking about trying to add it to my thigh. As when sitting down, Its in the best place. How does it come to use?
    Where is the best place with the best price?
    Also my motor is 3 years old. So guessing I would need the one for the flat plug?

Looking forward to getting away from that sorry old foot control and that stiff 18ft cable on it also.
    Pete

PS come on Weezer jump in here on this..
    I am really trying hard not to slam ya Pete. LOL:D
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just went out to my boat. It has 10 speeds not variable. I can not troll at a specific speed. Say 1.02 mph like you can with the foot petal
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    I just went out to my boat. It has 10 speeds not variable. I can not troll at a specific speed. Say 1.02 mph like you can with the foot petal
    Ah Ha. I see what you are getting at.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine for trolling, I can run lines off the back of the boat while managing the tm. Having 10 speeds instead of infinite number is a tradeoff for convenience. The remote comes with a velcro wrist strap as well as rod mount holders. I run the strap through a belt loop and let the remote hang on the front left of my pants. convenient but out of the way. With a little you can use it without ever looking. I do wish there was a way of telling without listening for beeps when the tm is on or what speed its on. On my older unit, I can't turn the autopilot on or off w/ the remote which would save trips to the front of the boat when I decide to drift. Of course, I can control direction the ap is pointing w/ the remote.

CrappieDan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    I am really trying hard not to slam ya Pete. LOL:D
    Man have you been talking to Todd again? LOL

Wow sounds like I would have to still use the foot control to get the right speed. I may just hold off on this .
    And look at just buying a new motor next year. The Terrova looks good.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with D.I. and he had something different. It was a smaller wired unit he held or hung on the windshield. Allot of the pro's use them. They are allot easy to us and more durable. PM him, I'm sure he'll give you some info..Good luck
    I will be buying one to try and have it for a back up if I don't like it
    Last edited by crip47; 08-12-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    CVA62.....64-68

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast