Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Lake

Hello, We (wife & I ) are new here, many of you probably seen our other thread, but hello to everyone else. Any way a friend & I are going to be heading up to mtl on saturday morning,to do some fishing,& I was wondering if anyone had any advise on where to try our luck. I usually put in at south fork or 107,but am open to any suggestions. We normally use minnows since I never have much luck with jigs, but I'm a rookie,& open to any suggestions on bait/jigs also. Thank You for any help.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

If you are familar with the north fork any, head out of the Route U ramp just above the 107 bridge fish the steep banks with chartuse colored jigs. Toss past the tree, let it down to about 6-8 foot and start to reel. Also try up by the water inlet all the way to G sign on the south bank. Then head up the lake about 1/4 mile and fish the west side before you get to the stoutsville boat ramp. Fished there last sunday and caught lots of 9" fish with a few bigger ones.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the help Ted.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the bridges in that area Friday, came away with 18 keepers. About 5 11 inchers. Minnows about 6 to 8 ft deep. Lots of dinks, everything that was keep was over 9 which still ain't saying much. Had a good time though. Bugs, I didn't make it to the Glaize, the old ladys a little gunshy about the boats and traffic. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

They'll be there waitin for ya'll Dave....thank god labor day is about here,we can have our lake back.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie