Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not the end of the wprld but close

Post Thanks / Like

Default not the end of the wprld but close

Not asking for sympathy, or prayers, got plenty of those already, mine and friends. Passedmy colonoscopy with nothing spotted or removed, but, the doc said there was one problem he was concerned about, my prostate. so he did a PSA test, and i have those every year,and the numbers were good.But now I am probably going to need surgery to reduce that gland, in the mean time I need to have a catheter, dont know for how long, I was really down in the dumps, and still am sort of. But I stopped and thought of these guys coming back from Iraq, and the things that they need to put up with.Soi said quit being a big #####, take a lot asprins and get on with life, which in my case means start fishing again, so it takes 10 minutes to walk to the truck, at least I can. Anyone else here have similar problems?Now if the rtemp will drop down to the low 70s at night, I'll be back on the water, next week will tell the story.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you being candid about this topic. I just passed my colo and PSA tests too. Most men over 50 experience some type of prostrate problem. My neighbor had the operation. It didn't help him. He's still cursing the doctor.

This was on the news this morning. PSA, colo test, take asprin, quit smoking. Combined, would save over 200,000 lives per year. So says Dr. Timothy Johnson. I believe it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Keep On Truckin. Never Give Up & Enjoy Life When You Can. For All We Do We Have To Be Gratefull & Thank The Lord. Love You

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski
    Not asking for sympathy, or prayers, got plenty of those already, mine and friends. Passedmy colonoscopy with nothing spotted or removed, but, the doc said there was one problem he was concerned about, my prostate. so he did a PSA test, and i have those every year,and the numbers were good.But now I am probably going to need surgery to reduce that gland, in the mean time I need to have a catheter, dont know for how long, I was really down in the dumps, and still am sort of. But I stopped and thought of these guys coming back from Iraq, and the things that they need to put up with.Soi said quit being a big pussy, take a lot asprins and get on with life, which in my case means start fishing again, so it takes 10 minutes to walk to the truck, at least I can. Anyone else here have similar problems?Now if the rtemp will drop down to the low 70s at night, I'll be back on the water, next week will tell the story.
    I know from where you are coming... My prostate was removed in 1994 due to cancer. If youi do not have cancer then lets get a second opinion and try saw palmetto capsules they will work to shrink it down. If you do have a high PSA they have made a lot of advances in the past few years and it may be possible to have another procedure done which was not available to me at the time. Please do get a second opinion regardless of the first diagnosis. Carl
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, I"ll Keep ya in my prayers Buddy!!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not asking for sympathy, or prayers, got plenty of those already, mine and friends. Passedmy colonoscopy with nothing spotted or removed, but, the doc said there was one problem he was concerned about, my prostate. so he did a PSA test, and i have those every year,and the numbers were good.But now I am probably going to need surgery to reduce that gland, in the mean time I need to have a catheter, dont know for how long, I was really down in the dumps, and still am sort of. But I stopped and thought of these guys coming back from Iraq, and the things that they need to put up with.Soi said quit being a big pussy, take a lot asprins and get on with life, which in my case means start fishing again, so it takes 10 minutes to walk to the truck, at least I can. Anyone else here have similar problems?Now if the rtemp will drop down to the low 70s at night, I'll be back on the water, next week will tell the story.
    Hey Kygorski,
    I can relate to your problem, somewhat. I'm 48, and I do the PSA thing every year now because prostate cancer runs heavy in my family. Like you, my last numbers were fine, but I do have flare-ups (swelling) every so often, and my doc prescribed "Flomax" for me when it flares up, and this is a life saver as far as relieving all the symptoms. It's one of the most discomforting feelings you can have. I'm not doctor, and this may not be for you. But, one things for certain, if a fella don't have this problem, he's real lucky

Hope things work out for the best
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

i dont have these certain problems but i can relate to them, i'm 34 and last june had to have my left leg amputated due to a long going foot problem....i handle thing very well but this almost got to me......then like you said, there are many people in worse shape than me......i spent 6 days in hospital and the day i got out i went out in my yard and figgered how to get in my boat,and 3 days later i talked my dad i nto going fishin with me....i have a prosthetic leg but cant wear it anymore due to it rubbed a sore on my leg bad........long story a lil shorter(no pun intended) i've sat in this d#%N wheel chair 10 out of the past 13 months and hate it , but it's better than being stuck in a bed so i guess in a way I'M LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

One of my best friends who just turned 70 just had his removed with a new surgery they are using up in Rochester NY. Much better healing time and results and out of the hospital the next day. He is doing great. I believe its called Live Robotic Prostate Surgery. I'll call and ask him if your interested.

https://ftp.intusurg.com/anonymous/U...inci051104.wmv
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-10-2007 at 01:10 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cant complain

Hey God has a plan for me, His Will Be Done! I'm still on the right side of the dirt,and this shall also pass.But in any case, on my worst days, I have been luckier than many on their best day. At my age I have lived through the greatest days this country had to offer. Wanted but never needed, never felt hunger, always had a nickel in my pocket, and a whole shed of fishing tackle, a nwew boat, and truck, just felt a little sorry for myself, but thanks forthe encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey God has a plan for me, His Will Be Done! I'm still on the right side of the dirt,and this shall also pass.But in any case, on my worst days, I have been luckier than many on their best day. At my age I have lived through the greatest days this country had to offer. Wanted but never needed, never felt hunger, always had a nickel in my pocket, and a whole shed of fishing tackle, a nwew boat, and truck, just felt a little sorry for myself, but thanks forthe encouragement.
    You sir, are gonna be fine.
    With an attitude like that you can whip anything.
    I have had a cpl serious health issues and still battling one of em but man you are right. Several yrs ago I visited the childrens ward of the cancer hosp., and the spinal cord unit at the V.A. hosp and drove home with a rearranged opinion of how bad I have it.
    Take care & best of everything. Hope all goes well.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast