Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sideimaging transducer ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sideimaging transducer ?????

Side imaging transducer

I’m trying to figure out the best way to mount the transducer on my boat. My transom is not straight. It’s at a 90°Angle where the motor mounts up but then angle up towards to front. With my Lawrence mounted on the right side it would aim about two feet to the left of my bow. When I mount this new HB do you think I should shim the transducer to run straight with the boat Home depot has some plastic shims for toilets that might work. I can use some good minds for this one .I’m not sure what angling off to the side would do to the side imaging. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CVA62.....64-68

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird has a how to do it pdf file, You can go to their web page and get the file.

I made a aluminum plate and bolted it to the existing holes in my transom. Then I drilled and tapped screw holes and mounted the transducer to the plate. This saves drilling more holes in the transom. Looks like you are in the right location for the xducer. Get that pdf file. You are close.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I've already read that and anything I could find. But nothing mentioned about it bring ok to be at an angle. I'm trying to get the most out of the unit. With that angle I’m afraid it might sound off the lower unit on the left side
    Last edited by crip47; 08-08-2007 at 09:19 PM.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    I've already read that and anything I could find. But nothing mentioned about it bring ok to be at an angle. I'm trying to get the most out of the unit. With that angle I’m afraid it might sound off the lower unit on the left side
    It needs to be strait, no angle.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2006 Tracker 175. I mounted my xducer on the step where the original xducer was mounted, I have no image intereference from my engine trunk. At full down trim, the engine trunk is only 4 inches from the transom step. The si is a narrow beam( no cone). It don't need much room to work. I wish Humminbird would release more info. I will figure it all out with or without their help.

They need a helpful hint area, not a faq area. Humminbird has a Yahoo group on side imiging. It is hard to search for answers on the yahoo group. I have asked questions on the group forum. I got invited to a sex group. ha

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I think so to. Looks like I find away to shim it...Thanks
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

I think that an angled mount would give an error in marking objects found by the si. I mean, an object even or ahead of the bow might show as being even with the stern, making it hard to locate later. Small rubber washers like the kind used for faucet repair behind the mount on the outside mounting screw might work.

CrappieDan

Post Thanks / Like

The transducer has to be mount level! If not at least one side of the side image will be distorted. Bass pro used to carry transducer mounts to cover old holes. they were plastic maybe a 1/2 inch thick! I would be careful with the mounting of this unit it is sensitive, but the resulsts are great. After spending $2000, might want consider hiring a dealer to mount it if not sure.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I have a 2006 Tracker 175. I mounted my xducer on the step where the original xducer was mounted, I have no image intereference from my engine trunk. At full down trim, the engine trunk is only 4 inches from the transom step. The si is a narrow beam( no cone). It don't need much room to work. I wish Humminbird would release more info. I will figure it all out with or without their help.

They need a helpful hint area, not a faq area. Humminbird has a Yahoo group on side imiging. It is hard to search for answers on the yahoo group. I have asked questions on the group forum. I got invited to a sex group. ha
    SO DID YOU GO TO THE GROUP THING ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead
    SO DID YOU GO TO THE GROUP THING ???
    I ain't that LIBERAL yet. Makes me wonder what these "groopies" do though. I too chicken to get my tongue pierced (or split). You into this stuff Frank?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast