Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bat's mess'n with us

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy bat's mess'n with us

anyone ever had a bat problem on the water? me and baller went out last friday nite to do some nightstalking, it was pretty slow, ended up with 10 keepers. but let me tell you what, we could'nt get away from the bat's. we were fishing off points about 20 yards out and that's were the woods started and the darn bat's kept flying right by our head's and in between the boat. now i'm not a big p%$^&** but it made it hard to pay attention to fish'n. we moved 4 times, 2 times we did'nt even get to anchor cuz they started right in. tried turning off the light's, that did'nt work. well ol' baller said were just gonna have to deal with it, his tune changed when 1 came right at his head and then one head'd straight for my twig and berries hey bug's any advice, do they have bat repellent you can spray on:D don't like snakes, don't like spiders, and now bat's. well needless to say we ended up fishing way away from trees and did'nt have any problems with bat's. except it was 3 am before we got settled in gonna pull an all nighter friday. should only be 90 or so
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tresa had one buzz her the night we went but it made one pass and then it was gone....i really aint got any suggestions other than fish in the daylight hours but then again the way you guys have been catchin em at night you might have to put up with those creepy little succers buzzing you i just had a crazy thought did you have your fishfinders on?the best i remember about bats is that they use sonar and series of clicks to travel,could it be possible that they were attracted to the clicks the transducer puts out that may be a crazy thought but it kind of makes sense to a dummy like me
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

my fishfinder broke and havn't bought a new one yet. i was hoping that my fish'n partner, who i have catered to all summer, would buy me one of those real nice ones, but i guess that is'nt happening:rolleyes: usually i do have it on but not last friday. but that is one heck of a theory, i must be a dummy too, but the transducer clicking does make sense to me just can't do the 110 degree weather this weekend, maybe i'll go buy me a bat suit!:D or just stick to fishing were there arent woods and trees. that's gonna limit our fishing spots but i guess we can eliminate water much quicker.
    Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 08-08-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Be cautious bats are a heavy carrier of rabies. Emergency medicine suggests if you have a bat in your house you should get rabies vaccinated most people are unaware they are bitten while asleep I believe the literature I have read only 5-6 person infected with rabies that survived and almost all of them had some neurological damage.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they were just getting bugs attracted to the lights. But if not where were you fishing so I can stay away :rolleyes:
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

well i just got done reading on missouri bats. did you know missouri has 14 kinds of bats well i'm still not gonna mess around with the bats if they come around. but missouri conservation said only less than 1% of bats carry rabies. they also won't fly into you, they will dodge even one human hair, i guess unless you have a bug in your hair hey bugman, you were right. your sonar or transducer could and would attract them. that was quick think'n, must only be on your 4th busch lite:D i think it was the bug's they were prolly after, they were thick that night. just thought i'd share the info. i still have'nt changed my mind whatsoever. bat's come around, and jeff's gone. don't feel like seeing how accurate mdc is no way, not me, huh uh. and that's the way it's gonna be ed:p just not as tough as you. you know there arent any trees in that one spot:D ya know, were we could'nt keep 2 poles in the water:D. man ed i tell ya, by friday your gonna hate me. not drink'n all week. i'm gonna be in a sh&%^% mood. you prolly ought to head up north.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Just take a little extra beer a baseball bat and have some fun taking batting practice at those creepy little flying critters....with a little practice you just might land the dh spot on the Royals next year:D :D :D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i'm to good to be a dh for a single A team !!!!
    but the beer sounds good
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Been a few years back, but me and buddy were fishing a night tournement at Stockton. And we had green lights out. We was doing pretty good on the bluffs fishin. Well I kept hearing something up above me and thought maybe they was big skeeters or something?

Buddy in back ofthe bost sits down in the driver seat to eat a samwhich. And he just starts laughin his butt off. I ask whats so funny? He says you dont want to know. He then tells me that there was at least 10 bats dive bombing me and eating bugs comming off the lights. Well I was just like you. Gives you a very uneasy feeling. I couldnt concentrate after that.

Well I had dark colored shirt and pants on. Dude in the back had a white tee shirt & kahki shorts. He takes over the trolling motor, while I eat a samwhich. From down below looking up I couldnt believe what I saw. Them suckers were everywhere. All of a sudden I hear a thud. Look up and a BAT is attached to the back of his tee shirt. That big ol boy in the front of the boat flipped out bigtime. I mean screaming like a big ol sissy. Beggin for help.:D :D I could do nuttin but lay in the floor of the boat with tears commin outta my eyeballs.

We ended up 2nd place for the tournement, but hardly caught a fish after that....... Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Are you fishing mono or braid? I've heard that they will buzz braid line.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast