Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: blue water at bait shop

Post Thanks / Like

Default blue water at bait shop

What is the additive that turns the water blue at the baitshop? I know it's good for the fish...but, what is it and where can i get it? thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

One of these products is called Better Bait. I believe in it strongly, and my minners don't go into water without it. The biggest advantage for me using it is it neutralizes the chlorine in the city tap water. If I didn't use it, they'd be dead in 15 minutes. A pinch goes a loooooooong way

Lots of bait shops sell it, or try Grizzly Jig (mail order).
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I Use Sure-life Shad Keeper! Works Great This Time Of Year When Using Alot Of Bait. Salt Also Works Real Well If You Need A Substitute.

Post Thanks / Like

I use "Please Release Me". I get it at Gander Mountain and have seen it at local bait shops.. I have had very good luck with it. I keep some in a RV type saltshaker with a hinged snap lid. Just a couple of shakes and throw it back in the tackle box.

Post Thanks / Like

My local bait shop (Burtons Bait and Tackle) mixes and sells their own stuff.
    Works great. I always get an extra scoop of "blue water" when buying minnows. I use a battery powered bubbler and NEVER add lake water.
    Very few dead minnows.