Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with my Lowerance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with my Lowerance

I have a Lowerance X37 TX that came mounted on my Tracker when I bought it.It is basically a new unit(as is my boat)and yesterday it started acting up.It was the screen would quickley fade to nothing(blank)then after awhile it would fade back in.When you hit the buttons they would still beep like they were working even though I had no picture.I realize this is not a top end unit,but I would think it would last longer than this.I called Lowerance today and sat on hold forever and eventually left my number for them to call me back.Have any of you had this problem or know what it is,and do you know if I can use the transducer that is mounted on my boat for this unit with another Lowerance unit..Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I checked the main connection that plugs into the unit and followed the wires the best I could and they seem fine,I'm going to have to try to figure out that reset deal and hope Lowerance gets ahold of me or someone on here knows how to fix the problem.I have a X-96 I was planning on mounting up front and have been procrastinating on,looks like I'll be getting on that....Thanks

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reset factory defaults...

Turn sonar off. Press and hold the down arrow button and the menu down button at the same time. While holding the two buttons down, power the sonar up. After power up, release the buttons. This loads factory defaults. I am an expert resetter.

I don't think this is your problem.

Check for corrosion at the connector. Lowrance is notorious about corrosion problems with this cheap connector. Also check your voltage. If you don't have at least 11v at the connector, this unit want work worth a crap.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 08-06-2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Try this. I found this on another board that I follow, and people say after they talk to Linda, they get results. Several times I've read of her sending out new units, even for units out of warranty.

Linda Colt
    Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Cane Pole about the voltage. Did it fade when you used your trolling motor or some other electrical device?

Post Thanks / Like

CP' probably right. Low voltage will cause the screen on my X51 to blank out. I fool with connections and it powers back up. Running it on the same batt. as trolling motor can cause same problem when you turn motor on.

Post Thanks / Like

Ad1974,

I wonder if it was the heat? I had the same thing happen to my Lowrance Saturday. The screen dimmed, I touched the unit it it came back up. Did this 2 or 3 times. Never a problem prior. I was thinking voltage also, but the voltage (on the meter itsefl) was reading 14.6 volts. I think maybe the 90+ heat may have had an affect on the display. Just a thought. Mine is an Lcx15Mt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    Try this. I found this on another board that I follow, and people say after they talk to Linda, they get results. Several times I've read of her sending out new units, even for units out of warranty.

Linda Colt
    Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]
    I agree, my experience pretty much. I had two Eagle320's on my boat, the oldest one malfunctioned, so I bought another to replace it. Not much later the second oldest developed the same problem. This prompted me to contact Eagle, they replaced both units. Then the third oldest developed the same problem, again they replaced it. The replacements are now about a year old and have worked flawlessly. The Rep. indicated the power switch was weak and had been corrected. They used the serial number to determine warranty status. Overall, a bad situation turned out well. I was happy with the no nonsense way they handled it.
    AG

Post Thanks / Like

Which connection usually has the problem?I have checked the ones I can without really ripping stuff apart.I have had a couple people tell me they think it malfuctioned because of the heat...I don't know.Thanks for the new phone number,Lowerance is really hard to get ahold of.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI, When I get a new boat or just a new Sonar/GPS and even the troll motor plug, I spray both ends with silicon each year and don't have a corrosion problem.

Maybe I have some other trouble, but not that!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast