Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laterns

Post Thanks / Like

Default laterns

I am looking for a good bright propane lantern. I have one from coleman that ive used since I've started fishing but this time I want one that lights up the place. Any suggestion?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

If it's for attracting baitfish, I suggest a 12v fluorscent light. They draw very few amps. We run 3 of them off of 1 battery all night long with no signs of the battery weakening. Just my $.02.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty, Walmart carries a new lantern "gold" . I've been thinking of getting one myself. I do know the double mantle models are much brighter than the single large mantle. I have a 20 gal propane tank inside a dairy crate to keep it stable. I bolted a 5' piece of steel to a seat pedestal, then i clamped Colemans propane distribution tree on top of that. I have my lantern up about 7' , it really does a good job lighting the boat. I use a flourescent green light for the fish

Post Thanks / Like

I AGREE WITH crappiechappy 12VOLT LIGHTS ARE MUCH BETTER FOR ATTRACTING FISH AND CHEAPER TO RUN.

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Submersible 12 Volt By OPTRONICS

9" Submersible Green Fish-N-Lite. Fluorescent tube glows green when illuminated, 12-volt unit includes battery clips, 15-ft. cord, 20-ft. safety cord. Operates both in and out of the water. Draws only 1 amp Only $17.95

http://secretbait.com/crappiejig.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with you on this one. I just bought some 12v flourecent light bulbs and was amazed at how much light they throw. I havent used them on the water yet, but did try em outside my house one night. I was able to tie a knot standing 30 feet away from the light. I decided to see how bad they draw a battery down so I left the light on for almost 48 hours and it only pulled the battery down about 50% per my charger. I also put a 100w light bulb in the same shop light housing and the 30w flourecent threw significantly more light than the 110 with the 100w bulb. Another thing to think about is the bulb is supposed to last over 4000 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiechappy
    If it's for attracting baitfish, I suggest a 12v fluorscent light. They draw very few amps. We run 3 of them off of 1 battery all night long with no signs of the battery weakening. Just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can you find these 12v. fluorscent light? I use Q- Beams in the water and 50 watt 12 v. RV bulbs in the boat. But the eyes are not getting any younger so I'm looking for brighter lights to see

Post Thanks / Like

Try this guy. He only had a few left before I bought 4 of them. I would have bought them all if I had know how bright they were.
    http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/Fluorescentbulb.html

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder8
    Where can you find these 12v. fluorscent light? I use Q- Beams in the water and 50 watt 12 v. RV bulbs in the boat. But the eyes are not getting any younger so I'm looking for brighter lights to see

Post Thanks / Like

I just called them and they are sold out

Post Thanks / Like

Just do a google search for 12v flourecent lights and you will find some. I garuntee you it will be worth the effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast