Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird?????

Has anyone had problem with the 797 or the 997. I"ve been thinking about taking the dive. I’m just checking to see how their costumer service is. And if you were satisfied. Very important question when you are spending that much money. I've been beaten bad by another company. So for all I find out has been very favorable. Also has anyone ran a humminbird and a 200 khg. lowrance at the same time. Be nice if it will work.
    CVA62.....64-68

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi crip . i have used humminbird for years . tried another brand that was on sale at wam-mart . didn`t like it . guess i will stick with humminbird .have had som probablems when i sent it in they repaired it and sent it back . 3 to 4 day turnaround .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought six Hummingbirds for my boats in the last 2 years. I love them in the Lowrances used to be a little better on structure, but were aggravating to use and they CANNOT COMPARE to the new Hummingbirds. When I use fish ID and it shows fish at a certian depth I can drop lines down at that depth and catch them. The new NVB models are awesome your card slot is empty so you can save more data. This is great for saving side images. Which no one else will have for 8 to 10 years due to patents. Also you can download updates when new technology comes out. When possible every serious fishermen should buy a 997 NVB. Though the 797 NVB is a great unit and I use it on my G3.

Post Thanks / Like

Crip47,
    I ran both the 997 and a Lowrance at the same time and did not have any problem with one interferring with the other one. If I had to choose just one between the 997 and the 797, it would be the 997 hands down. The 997 is so much easier to see.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Crip,

When I first ordered my 997, I realized I was missing a part that holds the wires in the back of the unit. It was no big deal, it just took a little longer to hook up the wires when I went out. I posted a message on the side imaging yahoo site asking what I should do to get the part I was missing. I also emailed Humminbird directly. I think it was like a race to see who could get the part to me the fastest. Not only did I get a FedEx package the next day, I got another FedEx package the following day. I guess one of the sales/tech guys had access to the small part I needed and Humminbird Corp sent the part as well. Needless to say, I have been Very impressed with Humminbird and I love the unit. Now I can't wait to save enough to have one for the console.

Later,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 1weezer, You've helped me make up my mind. I just hope they have good customer service. If I ever get my lowrance back (working) I'd like to run them together. Already got my wife used to the sticker shock. Thanks again
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot. How it it to see in daylihgt and at night. Also, do any of you run the PLATINUM LAKE MAPS. And do you like them. Do you have the chip or is it preloaded? I just tried to order one but they could not tell me that. So I'll check into it in the morning. Thanks, You guys have been great
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

I run 2 595 humminbirds and you have to turn one of them off. i get static off them when both are running dont know why but i do. i run hotmaps usa and us navagable rivers they are pretty close but not exact.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Running Two Finders Should Not Cause Interference, Unless The Transducers Are To Close Together. Which Sometimes People Due On Thru Hull Instalations. Hummingbird Has Outstandind Custumer Service!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have been great. I'm getting the 997 without maps. I've got a hotmaps prem south and that should do me fine. I could not ask for better help then I got here. Thanks to you and thanks to Ed, great site

Still no word on my other unit
    CVA62.....64-68

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast