Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat. and Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat. and Sun.

On Sat. I met Crash and Crash Jr. (Wayne & Brandon) near my house and headed South on our way to Indiantown with high hopes for some big y. perch and lots of them.
    Crash and my partner for the day needed a license which required a 1.5 hour tour of N.E. N.C., including the Wal-Mart at Elizabeth City, where the one person who knew how to run the computer was out sick. (Probably a late night at the tractor pull)
    Anyway we put in at Indiantown and ran down to the spot and caught a few fish but nothing big. The fish had spawned out. The only ones with roe were small and none of the males had the "white stuff".
    Another thing I noticed was that the stomachs of all the fish were empty.
    We fished hard all day and brought back 15 decent ones but nothing big.
    It looked like Wayne and Brandon did about the same.Sorry guys, I wish you had been there last week.
    On Sun. my son and I decide to try N.W. Those fish had not spawned and we caught probably 50 and brought home 30 nice ones. It seems odd to me that even though we were so close to the N. River that the spawn is different. Yesterday we caught 8 different species of fish. Y.Perch, L.M. Bass, Rock, White Perch, Grennel, Pike, Bream, and 1 speck.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I seen your truck there as we went by. The "MAN" was down on North River sunday. I think thats the first time I've ever been checked there.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

On 158 just south of the high school is currituck sports you can get what you all need there. Its where I get mine at.
    dave
    in currituck

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe 50
    On 158 just south of the high school is currituck sports you can get what you all need there. Its where I get mine at.
    Yeah, I forgot about that one.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tractor pull????

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    On Sat. I met Crash and Crash Jr. (Wayne & Brandon) near my house and headed South on our way to Indiantown with high hopes for some big y. perch and lots of them.
    Crash and my partner for the day needed a license which required a 1.5 hour tour of N.E. N.C., including the Wal-Mart at Elizabeth City, where the one person who knew how to run the computer was out sick. (Probably a late night at the tractor pull)
    Anyway we put in at Indiantown and ran down to the spot and caught a few fish but nothing big. The fish had spawned out. The only ones with roe were small and none of the males had the "white stuff".
    Another thing I noticed was that the stomachs of all the fish were empty.
    We fished hard all day and brought back 15 decent ones but nothing big.
    It looked like Wayne and Brandon did about the same.Sorry guys, I wish you had been there last week.
    On Sun. my son and I decide to try N.W. Those fish had not spawned and we caught probably 50 and brought home 30 nice ones. It seems odd to me that even though we were so close to the N. River that the spawn is different. Yesterday we caught 8 different species of fish. Y.Perch, L.M. Bass, Rock, White Perch, Grennel, Pike, Bream, and 1 speck.
    ...I live in NC....what might you be insinuating with this comment???? :rolleyes:
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Karl, I promise the tractor pull comment was just a little "poke". I know it's hard to tell who's joking when all you can do is read the words. Maybe you were joking with your response but I don't want to take any chances.
    If I offended you then I apologize. If you were just joking then even better.
    Some of my best friends live in N.C. and if you knew me you'd probably think I belong there too!

We have a good thing going here with all the participation and I sure don't want to mess it up!
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Hey karl I live down currituck myself,as a transplant I didn't feel shot at. I think some light humor is ok? We are not kids its about fishin an tractor pulls is a yank thing aint it. I see you guys talking bout some of the places in currituck? I have not found any place worth a dam but the lakes out in suffolk. Tulls creek I just about got run over the sound is just as bad. At least out on the lakes the guys are serious about fishing.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

hell ain`t nothing wrong with a tractor pull , a six pack and your woman in bibs,sounds good to me.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Squirrel Hunter brandon and I had a good time. It was cold and we didnt slay them but we did catch some and JR. left there with a smile on his face! Thanks for running us all around and showing us the way around.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Just checkin.....

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Karl, I promise the tractor pull comment was just a little "poke". I know it's hard to tell who's joking when all you can do is read the words. Maybe you were joking with your response but I don't want to take any chances.
    If I offended you then I apologize. If you were just joking then even better.
    Some of my best friends live in N.C. and if you knew me you'd probably think I belong there too!

We have a good thing going here with all the participation and I sure don't want to mess it up!
    ...just wanted to see what y'all response would be ...LOL..:D ...no blood no foul... ...been in NC 30 yrs..before that Harrisonburg,Va...Va still my favorite college team...Wa Wa Wahoo!!!...funny thing is only tractor pull I've ever been to was Rockingham county fair when I was in HS 1971 I think.... always keep em guessing....stereotype debunking practiced here.. :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast