Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 747C FishFinder

fishtillwedrop Guest

Default Humminbird 747C FishFinder

My husband & I are considering purchasing this fish finder. Any comments from someone who has one? Also, Is: 'Transom Mount Included' the transducer? It doesn't mention the transducer as included. Humminbird.factoryoutletstore reduced price overnite from $389.95 to $359.95 and with a Free WeatherSense included. We are new at fishfinders, so will take any other suggestions on others also. We live in Arkansas, mostly fish shallow, murky waters for catfish (Lake Dardenelle), and crappie fish (Nimrod Lake). Thought the color fishfinders would be easier for a beginner to figure out?? Any help appreciated. Price up to $400.00 okey. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 737 and that price sounds pretty fair to me.esp with the weather sense.mine doesnt have that. i havent figured out how to set that machine up but it shows fish when i just turn it on and go.is your a 90 degree transducer?

fishtillwedrop Guest

Default transducer

No. It is a DualBeam PLUS w/Selectable Broad 60 deg. Beam & Precision 20 deg. Beam. What we liked is the 5" TFT Color screen rather than the 3 1/2" and 640V x 480 Ultra-High Resolution. It also has Maxium 4000 Watts Peak-To-Peak (500 Watts RMS) Power Output. It's GPS Ready, which we are not interested in now. There is enough to learn! We just can't figure out if it comes with a transducer. Says Transom Mount Included, but is that a transducer???? Wish someone could tell us. Found it on http://humminbird.factoryoutletstore.com/details

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you click on add to cart it says with trolling motor transducer. I would call them to be sure.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

fishtillwedrop Guest

Default tranducer

Thanks so much for the info. I'm checking it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fishtillwedrop
    No. It is a DualBeam PLUS w/Selectable Broad 60 deg. Beam & Precision 20 deg. Beam. What we liked is the 5" TFT Color screen rather than the 3 1/2" and 640V x 480 Ultra-High Resolution. It also has Maxium 4000 Watts Peak-To-Peak (500 Watts RMS) Power Output. It's GPS Ready, which we are not interested in now. There is enough to learn! We just can't figure out if it comes with a transducer. Says Transom Mount Included, but is that a transducer???? Wish someone could tell us. Found it on http://humminbird.factoryoutletstore.com/details
    That's a good price on that unit plus the weather since is about $90 bucks. The one I looked at comes with a transom mount transducer. Call them and make sure. If it doesn't Humminbird has a transducer exchange program. I personally would go the extra and buy the GPS antenna! It will cost you about $90 bucks and you saved that much on the weather since! The GPS is well worth the money! I wouldn't be without mine. It has probably increased my catch rate by 70% just cause I don't waste time looking for tops anymore. I go right to them! Buy the way. Mount the antenna as close to the transducer as you can where it can get a goo signal. :D
    Last edited by Wiskers; 08-05-2007 at 10:20 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

fishtillwedrop Guest

Default Gps

Thanks for the valuable info.

Post Thanks / Like

what does the gps antenna have to do with the transducer signal?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by green80
    what does the gps antenna have to do with the transducer signal?
    Nothing to do with the transducer signal. The advantage you gain by having the GPS antenna over your transducer is when you "mark" that brushpile on the GPS while you are looking at it on the depthfinder, that is right where it is. I have a long boat and if I had my GPS antenna on the bow & I was looking at the brushpile with my stern transducer when I marked it then I'm accually marking 20 feet away at the bow of the boat where my antenna is. My waypoint will be on the bow not the stern. It may not seem like much but when you go back to look for that pile later & your GPS says you're on it, it is really 20 feet from where you are looking. It's just a little trick I learned while monkey'n around with my Matrix 87c. Saves a lot of time looking & gives a "truer" mark! :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff