Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Crappie Camp on Lake Greeson, AR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie Camp on Lake Greeson, AR

The 2007 Fall Crappie Camp will be October 12-14 at Kirby Landing Recreation area on Lake Greeson. This Fall's camp will be simple and fun. Come and prefish as much as you like. Saturday at about 5:30 p.m. bring your crappie to the Kirby Landing Marina on a stringer for picture taking time. We will have a fish cleaning station set up there. We'll clean fish and then start the potluck fish fry. Bring your favorite side dish and/or dessert. We will have a nice big fire and lots of time to fellowship.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun. If I wasn't fishing the Ga./S.C. clash at lake Russel that weekend I'd try to make the trip up there. You all have fun, wish I could be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, crappie camp will be here before we know it and I'm hoping that everyone will enjoy the simplicity of the weekend. I would like to get somewhat of a head count and a little help with the fish fry, please.

Below is a list of what is needed. Will you please post here if you're definitely coming and what you can bring from this list. Also, post any thing else you plan on bringing or perhaps something I have forgotten. Thanks.

Oil
    Self-rising White Cornmeal
    Black pepper
    mustard
    hot sause
    paper plates
    paper cups
    plastic forks and spoons
    paper towels / napkins
    sodas
    water
    other sides (your choices) (a pot of brown beans would be real nice, hint, lol)
    desserts (your choices)
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Crappie Camp, here we come!!

Darryl,

Count Jill and I in. We expect to arrive sometime Friday about noon or so and leave on Monday morning. We will be camping. I see that someone has already offered to bring the plates, etc. so Jill and I will bring a cooler full of sodas and bottled water.

We will be bringing the boat down, and tent camping. Any suggestions for camp sites will be appreciated. Do you recommend reservations?

Thanks,
    Jeff & Jill
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    Darryl,

Count Jill and I in. We expect to arrive sometime Friday about noon or so and leave on Monday morning. We will be camping. I see that someone has already offered to bring the plates, etc. so Jill and I will bring a cooler full of sodas and bottled water.

We will be bringing the boat down, and tent camping. Any suggestions for camp sites will be appreciated. Do you recommend reservations?

Thanks,
    Jeff & Jill
    There are 84 campsites at Kirby Landing Recreation Area. In my opinion, the best on the lake. You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a good one without reservations. -- http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Lakes/...ge=mainContent
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 09-24-2007 at 10:02 PM.
    Darryl Morris

NJcrappie Guest

I am sending baits. I sent it priority mail.

Post Thanks / Like

I am SOOOOO ready...

Post Thanks / Like

You can count on me to bring a large pot of slow cooked pinto beans doctored up. I also have a 2 burner 30,000 btu cooker that I could bring if needed.
    Looking forward to relaxing, fishing, and meeting all yall, and yes eating crappie.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cms3
    You can count on me to bring a large pot of slow cooked pinto beans doctored up. I also have a 2 burner 30,000 btu cooker that I could bring if needed.
    Looking forward to relaxing, fishing, and meeting all yall, and yes eating crappie.

Charlie
    That's great. Fried crappie and brown beans together are my favorite. You might want to get with DrPepper (on the Arkansas Board) about the cooking. He said he was going to bring his fish cooker. Thanks again for helping out.
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darryl,

Long time no chat. I won't be able to make it this year. Drink some cough syrup for me and tell a few lies in my honor. I will limit the request to simple items I think you can handle. Anyways, have a great time.

James
    LET IT RIP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast