Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a 997c si now what

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a 997c si now what

How do i get a better clearer image what do i need to set everything on???
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

adjust the chart speed. i had same problem with mine images sucked till i adjusted the chart speed for the side imaging and it comes in exactly like it does on the magazines. i love the damn thing. if i could marry it i would. took a while to learn to use it but man its awesome

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Briggs
    How do i get a better clearer image what do i need to set everything on???
    The best way to learn is learn the buttons. Get you manual, get in your boat and power up the unit. When the screen shows Humminbird press menu button and go into the simulator mode. Next read and push buttons. It takes time. If things get screwed up, you can go to tools tab and load default settings. I been there...haha

My next challenge is to get on the water and use it. It can wait....Too hot...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

John H,
    What did you set your chart speed on? And what are your sensitivety settings? Range (how far out the sides of the boat are you shooting)?
    Give us all the good stuff! lol
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

lol ill let you know tommorow...dont know off the top of my head. but ill right the info down while im out fishing..i do know i usually set the sides at 60 ft and not totally sure of what speed i have it on but ill check it in the morning

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John,

I'm listening too. Got my 997 on the boat but still learning how to use it. By the way....does anyone know if there are detailed maps of Lake Talquin and Lake Seminole in Florida. I have the Navionics Gold now but maybe I need another chip to get the real detailed stuff.

Thanks,
    Buzz

Post Thanks / Like

didnt take my boat out today went to spillway and caught some reallynice hybrid stripers.. posted in striper section andunder illinois crappie....i just went outside and checked settings ..i have my chart speed at 3 but will adjust it depending on how fast im trolling or drifting usually set it at 2-4.my sensitivity i have set at 17.i got sides set at 45 right now but i adjust that alot depnding on where im fishing and how im fishing.im still learning alot on how to use it but i love the damn thing and it has put me on many fish.not sure bout the other chips there buzz i have the navionics also. i find it great when im fishing for walleye and looking for some structure...the thing that took me a bit to do was to figure out exactly where the structure was but thats just common sence lol

most of the time i usuallyset myscreen split screen with the s.i. and the fish finder on but will switch to the gps/s.i. screen if im doing some precision trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out today and scanned this with my Humminbird 997cSI.
    This thing is cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Man them thangs are awesome. Hey weezer, you ever get to fish for lookin at that thing?

Post Thanks / Like

how did you record that image....cam or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast