Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New here with questions on 565 hummingbird.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New here with questions on 565 hummingbird.

Hello everyone, i'm new here, and and have a couple of questions. i recently got a hummingbird 565 and am having some problems. this is my first dept finder so bear with me. it has a 20degree cone and a 60 degree cone. if fish symbol is turned on, it shows fish in the small cone as black and fish in the large cone as hollow symbols. but when its reading the bottom, does it read from the 20 degree only, it says in the manual the 20 degree is for better definition. i understat that, but is it not reading bottom from the 60 degree also. another words am i seeing the whole 60 degree bottom on my screen. so im guessing if i am, i'm seeing 24foot diameter of bottom in 24 foot of water. and fish in the 60 degree cone will be in the 24 foot circle and fish in the 20 degree will be in an eight foot circle. i recently sunk a very large cedar tree, and after sinking it, i like to have never found it again. it seems, i had to be almost right on top of it to see it. Any help and suggestions please?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to crappie.com.....I have a 565 on my trolling motor and i run mine with the fish symbol turned off because i really want to see whats in the 20 degree cone the hollow fish symbols mean nothing to me because i'm wanting to see whats just in front of or just under the boat,i believe when you're seeing the bottom its in the 20 degree cone because for example if i'm fishin a bed in 12' of water the brush will start to show up on the left of the screen i can drop my jig down into the brush....hope this helps....good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bugman, the next time out, i'm gonna do a little experimenting. my tranducer is on the transom, and i'll turn off the symbols, and lower my anchor to the bottom, i should be able to tell if its reading from the 20 degree only. say if water is 24 ft deep, the 20 degree should not read more than an eight foot circle, which means four feet from the transom. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

You're more than welcome....if you do that turn the sensitivity up to around 75 percent and it should show up.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie