Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bottom Line Depth Finders

Fishbones Guest

Default Bottom Line Depth Finders

I have been shopping for a depth finder to use on my 14 ft jon boat that I power around the lake with a trolling motor. Mostly fish small lakes and ponds, just haul it aorund in the back of my truck. This unit looks convienent and was wondering if anyone had been around or tried one. I am tlaking about the unit that mounts on the side of the boat with it's own built in clamp.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreiciated.

FB

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones
    I have been shopping for a depth finder to use on my 14 ft jon boat that I power around the lake with a trolling motor. Mostly fish small lakes and ponds, just haul it aorund in the back of my truck. This unit looks convienent and was wondering if anyone had been around or tried one. I am tlaking about the unit that mounts on the side of the boat with it's own built in clamp.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreiciated.

FB
    My fishing buddy and I both use to have Bottom Line side finders. Really liked how they worked but we both got tired of having to have them repaired. This was several years ago so maybe they have improved since then.

Welcome to Crappie.com
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about the Fishin Buddy series, I've owned two of em and they were great on my float tubes, but not so great if you were trolling fast or cruising looking for the fish in a motor boat. They would "walk" up out of the holder and get jumpy. I'd have to pull them out of the water until we got slowed down. I use a Bottom Line now, permanant kind. Love it.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I have a fishin' bubby 4200 with side finder. I put it in my swimming pool and it said there were fish in it 3 of them. There were no fish or pool toys or people in the pool at the time. and the pump was not running at the time.
    for depth and to see bottom and drop off it ok.brush not to good. Fish ???

Later
    BamaMan

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

A Friend Of Mine Has One Of The Sidefinders For His Pond Boat. I Personally, Do Not Like It! It Shows Fish Out To The Left Or Right, But Not The Depth Of The Fish. The Screens Are Also Hard To See On The Larger Models And The Settings Are Hard To Change.