Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greenwood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood

Fished Greenwood Sat. Caught six nice fish just after sunrise, then they shut off. Fished around same area until about ten. Then moved to another spot that paid off. 28 ft of water with fish suspended at about 20 ft. The strange thing was that I was catching every fish at 10ft. Ended up with 15 on that one brush pile. Total of 21 for the morning. Went back out that afternoon with not much luck until just before dark. Caught 6 more crappie and a 3 lb bass. Mid afternoon the water temp was 50. Morning temp 44.
    Nice day to be on the water!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hi Skm--sounds like a gr8 Saturday--couple questions--what part of greenwood lower/middle/rivers and what color jigs and what type setup?

Thanks buddy--planning on going wed or thurs.
    undefinedundefinedundefined SCCRAPPIE

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the lower end of the lake. I spider-rig all of the time with four or five rods per person. I use 10 ft rods. I caught a few fish on jigs Sat.(chart. and white), but most fish were on straight minnows. My rigs are simple. I use a 1/2 oz. egg sinker on top of a swivel with a 5 or 6 inch leader with gold no 2 hooks. All of this is from walmart.
    Good Luck!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks skm--planning on fishing in morning--all this rain--i think the lower will be better--do you put in at public ramp past buzzards roost--i will post on my day--again thanks buddy.
    undefinedundefinedundefined SCCRAPPIE

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

sccrappie
    My parents have a place across the main lake channel from that ramp. We leave our pontoon in the water all the time. That is really convienient, but SLOW to go far up the lake to fish. Be sure and post how you do, try to get a water temp.