Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance IFinder H2OC & Navionics Q's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance IFinder H2OC & Navionics Q's

I have ordered the IFinder H2Oc and Navionics HotMaps Premium East for use on my boat. I have quite a bit of knowledge with GPS units, running a Garmin Street Pilot III on my motorcycle for six years. I just replaced the SPIII with a SP 2720, and it is working well.

My question is does anyone have the H20 and/or H20C with the HotMaps card? How happy are you with it? Can you save waypoints to the HotMaps card? Did you purchase Lowrance's MapCreate? I will not be using this unit for routing on the road, since I have the 2720. It will be strictly for use on the water.

Any pointers, hints, tips, etc will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff
    I have ordered the IFinder H2Oc and Navionics HotMaps Premium East for use on my boat. I have quite a bit of knowledge with GPS units, running a Garmin Street Pilot III on my motorcycle for six years. I just replaced the SPIII with a SP 2720, and it is working well.

My question is does anyone have the H20 and/or H20C with the HotMaps card? How happy are you with it? Can you save waypoints to the HotMaps card? Did you purchase Lowrance's MapCreate? I will not be using this unit for routing on the road, since I have the 2720. It will be strictly for use on the water.

Any pointers, hints, tips, etc will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I have a H20 and a Hot Spots Elite card. Yes you can save waypoints to it the card. I also have map Create 6.3 which you don't really need unless you are going to use it for traveling or hunting. I've since added a LCX26C to the boat so all I use the H20 for is traveling and backup. I had a H20C which I returned because I couldn't see it in bright sunlight. Other than that I am very well pleased with Lowrance products.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info IB. I just received the unit yesterday, and haven't had it on the water yet, but have been playing with it here at home. One thing I wanted to ask you about... the Fishing Hotspots Elite SD card says that writing data to it can/will destroy the data and Lowrance , etc. can NOT restore it. I don't want to take a chance destroying the data. I guess I will load my waypoints to the GPS, then install the Hotspots card, if that will work.

I hope I can talk my wife into heading out tonight to fish a local lake that is listed on the Hot Spots card.

Thanks again,
    Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they changed something. I have the little booklet that comes with the FHSE card and the last paragraph, last sentence, on the 1st page says " The extra space also lets you store GPS Data Files and record sonar logs".
    I wouldn't use it for sonar logs as it wouldn't hold much but I do keep my waypoints file on it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks IB. I took a chance and was able to save my waypoints to the FHSE card, and still load the Indiana Lake Maps. Now to get out on the lake early in the morning and see how this thing works.
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN