Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightstalker forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nightstalker forum?

Hey guys,

what y'all think about starting a Nightstalker forum? Just a place where us wierdos who stay up late night hauling in crappie all summer long? We are just so different from the normal person...

We could share tips, observations, and other thoughts on the mysteries of night fishing.

for instance...we often hear the full moon isn't good for night fishing with lights...yet the night before last we fished and caught limits by 1 am...the trick was moving to deeper water, about 26' in this case....near a weedy point that dropped off fast to this deep water.

If somebody can get this done, can you please do it!?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great to me. I do better on the new moon but have done good on fullmoon too.

Post Thanks / Like

yippeee ! when do it start?
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up There's already one It's Call SC board

joe,
    come to the SC board and talk all you want cause the master of all master nightstalker's lives there :D (Mr.RANGo) right now the main topic is how the SC folks are going to WHIP the peachie's in nightstalking come OCT. :D :rolleyes: But you are right, might be a good idea for a new forum... I'd visit.
    Last edited by stumpjumper; 07-31-2007 at 02:34 AM. Reason: word
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea,sounds very interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea I am in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good

Yeah i think thats a good idea and very relavant to all crappie fisherman. It is very necessary
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife
    we often hear the full moon isn't good for night fishing with lights...yet the night before last we fished and caught limits by 1 am...the trick was moving to deeper water, about 26' in this case....near a weedy point that dropped off fast to this deep water.
    Same happened to us last Thursday night. Talked to a buddy and discovered that a cold front came though Friday (it did'nt get cold!) but we fished ahead of that front and could be why they were biteing good.

Post Thanks / Like

nightstalking fourm? that would be the only place i need for all my questions!
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb The only negative, that I see ...

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife
    Hey guys,
    what y'all think about starting a Nightstalker forum? Just a place where us wierdos who stay up late night hauling in crappie all summer long? We are just so different from the normal person...
    We could share tips, observations, and other thoughts on the mysteries of night fishing.
    for instance...we often hear the full moon isn't good for night fishing with lights...yet the night before last we fished and caught limits by 1 am...the trick was moving to deeper water, about 26' in this case....near a weedy point that dropped off fast to this deep water.
    If somebody can get this done, can you please do it!?
    Joe
    in diversifying every different method, into it's own forum, is that the general membership would be divided up into so many seperate forum groups .... making things "exclusive". Next thing you know, jig casters would want their own forum, trollers would want seperate forums for different baits & techniques used, minner users would want a exclusive forum, etc.
    The point of the site, and the Main Message Board, is to help people learn how to fish different methods and catch more fish. Having the Main Forum open to all types of fishing methods, and even fish species, is what helps people to learn about all the variations .... under one roof.

I'm not saying it can't be done, or shouldn't be done. I'm just wondering "why" it should be done. Do we really want to break ourselves into seperate little cliques, based on a specific, preferred/used method ??

If you really want a seperate forum ... here's how you get one :

PM Ed (edhead) and ask him if one can be added to the site. Select or volunteer to be the Moderator(s) of the forum. Moderators should be members that can devote enough time to read thru all the posts, be willing to edit posts or delete posts - for language, spam, personal attacks on other members, overt political and/or religious biases, and other site rule violations ... and do it in a fair and equitable manner, with the interest of the site and the majority of the membership in mind.

..... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast