Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the site

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to the site

Hello fellow fishing hounds. I'm new here but have been reading a few posts over the last 2 weeks and think the site is great. Me and my fishing buddy are here in Newport News but have yet to come up with a favorite crappie hole. We've had some good luck at Ed Allens last year and limited success at lake Prince and LCR. After looking at the LCR map from Keith Davis, we are anxious to give it another whirl. Have never tried Lake Kerr but am beginning to believe that was a mistake.
    Looking forward to hearing some good fishing reports, sharing some info and posting some of my own good news.
    See you all on the water!!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingbowhunter
    Hello fellow fishing hounds. I'm new here but have been reading a few posts over the last 2 weeks and think the site is great. Me and my fishing buddy are here in Newport News but have yet to come up with a favorite crappie hole. We've had some good luck at Ed Allens last year and limited success at lake Prince and LCR. After looking at the LCR map from Keith Davis, we are anxious to give it another whirl. Have never tried Lake Kerr but am beginning to believe that was a mistake.
    Looking forward to hearing some good fishing reports, sharing some info and posting some of my own good news.
    See you all on the water!!

Mark
    Welcome to the board. There are a lot of good guys here that are willing to share their knowledge with the group to make us all better fisherfolks. I look forward to reading your posts.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Good to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like

not tring kerr lake is like not eating moms apple pie,you got to try .
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Like dave says, you gotta go to Kerr for crappies. The best time is right around the corner
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the welcome. This winter has been rough so far. Cabin fever like crazy!
    I understand Kerr is huge. Any suggestions where to launch and point the bow in a certain direction?? Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks again.

Mark

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. Kerr is a very big lake. I go over a couple times a year and could continue for many years I think and still not cover it all. Rudd's is probably the closest and it's about 2 1/2 hour drive from Chesapeake. I've fished it a few times but not enough to tell you where to go. Dave is our resident expert on the lake and hopefully will jump in here and point you in a good starting direction.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mark
    welcome to the site, I also have yet to try "moms apple pie" hehe, and prince for that matter.
    They are on my (to do) list. I hope to be posting good news from ed allens and cohoon this year also.
    Good fishing.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.