Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1st trip with Grandkids

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st trip with Grandkids

I posted this story on a thread on the main forum. I ain't smart enough to paste it on a new thread so it might turn out a little different....

My wife and I gained custody of my two grandkids about 1 1/2 months ago. The same week a grandson from another son came for his summer visit. Now we have 2 four year olds and one 18 month old. Me and Mimi are having to learn how to do it all over again....well I am anyway.
    Last Friday evening, I couldn't stand not being on the water any longer, so I volunteered to take the older two fishing and give Mimi a break. We made it to a pond on a state park near the house with some worms. I baited one pole and got it out. But, before I could get the second one out, the first cork disappeared. This happened repeatedly for the next 30 minuets or so, and they caught a couple of dozen itty bitty bream. But, you should have heard how big those fish were when we got home and told Mimi about it. I couldn't have stretch the truth any better.
    There were a couple of fishermen there with a big dog. He was succesful in getting some attention from them. But, they returned to me saying they were "dirsty". Guess what?? Paca Don (that's 4 year old for Pop a Don) didn't bring anything to drink. The guys with the dog bailed me out thought. I only brought one chair too. When this was discovered, they both had to sit on my lap...on the same leg. Now I am trying to keep two hooks baited while balancing two kids on my leg. I was even succesful in retying a hook doing all of this. Then the girl needed to Pee Pee. Little girls always need to Pee Pee.
    I got that handeled even though we couldn't use the port a potty because there were spiders in there. We got back to fishing when the boy decided it was his turn to pee. He didn't want to pee with the spiders either. So I told him to go by a tree. Well the next person that ain't afraid of spiders had better watch there step. He wet the door down pretty good.
    I didn't have a quick fix when one needed to poo poo. So, we made a mad dash home and made it just in time. The fellows with the dog were very entertained.
    Next time, Mimi is coming too. This stuff don't happen when she is around. I am sure it will be soon too. She wants the left over worms out of her fridge.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Sounds like a learning experience to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't It Fun.lol
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

DP, sounds like you have a couple of naturals there! Oh and BTW, if my wife knew that I had worms in the frig. she would throw them out herself, glad I do most of the cooking! lol

Keep up the good work with them young uns!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it! Keep workin' with em. I started mine out pretty early too. For a couple of years I would only take one at the time. That was nice because it gave each one some "special" time with me, and me with them.
    Now they are almost 9 years old and are really FUN to fish with. I can take both now, if I choose to. They bait thier own hook, take off most of thier fish and even help when we anchor.

It really is worth it for you and them!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anchorpuller
    I love it! Keep workin' with em. I started mine out pretty early too. For a couple of years I would only take one at the time. That was nice because it gave each one some "special" time with me, and me with them.
    Now they are almost 9 years old and are really FUN to fish with. I can take both now, if I choose to. They bait thier own hook, take off most of thier fish and even help when we anchor.

It really is worth it for you and them!
    WITH THE #1 ANCHORPULLER AS THEIR TEACHER THEY WOULD OR SHOULD BE EXCELLENT ANCHOR HELP
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing how many things can wrong, but still be a successful trip when the fish are biting!

Keep up the good work.