Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hummingbird 575 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default hummingbird 575 ?

anyone have one or used one with the 90 degree transducer. I know that they dont hold a candle to the side imaging units but they have sure come down in price since the new ones have come out. It would be nice to see structure while trolling before the outside rods get hung up. I have a side imaging unit in my future just not imediate future:D is the 575 worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had of went with the 575 instead of the 565. My home lake is really shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware this is an old post, from one of the last pages, but I was looking earlier at the 575 as an inexpensive FF (down the road). This was about the only post I ran across mentioning it. I fount the 90* beam (Quadrabeam) interesting as well.

Anyone have anything to add in general or experience with one?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i have one of the 575 and like it so far can get it adjusted i can track a 1/16 on. jig and a beetle bodie down 25 ft takes just a little time to figure it out but other than that a great finder for me .

just my 2 cents,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday View Post
    anyone have one or used one with the 90 degree transducer. I know that they dont hold a candle to the side imaging units but they have sure come down in price since the new ones have come out. It would be nice to see structure while trolling before the outside rods get hung up. I have a side imaging unit in my future just not imediate future:D is the 575 worth it?
    Side image only show where you got hung up. I am a victim. Need us some forward looking sonar for this. I think Lowrance has this capability now. Big boat stuff. I forgot where I read about this stuff. It is out there.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 575 and not overly impressed. Remember if your in shallow water you only see a short distance to each side. I have used it once on a set to work the jig around brush but most water I fish is pretty skinny. Also get interfearence with the TM on the side shots. Gives a series of lines coming up from the bottom making it look like a depth change. Goes away when you stop trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 787c2 with a 90 degree transducer which I find useful for surveying an area I am unfamiliar with (it won't hold a candle to the SI units) but always get rid of everything but the 200hz view when I really want to zero in on something.
    "My worst day fishin was better than my best day workin!"