Thread: tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default tubes

how exactly do you fish tudes
    ive heard different ways
    with a bobber and just putting it on a hook and kinda jig it

and advice would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I use tubes alot, fished under a slip float,casting just the tube and putting a spinner blade like bettle spin on a jig head colors i like black/chart,red/white,orange/chart are just a few

Post Thanks / Like

I use a red and white. I let it sink to the bottom and then just bump it along. I use a 32 jig and if I count 1000 1 1000 2 each sec is a foot (no current)
    Bill

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Under a slip float, usually as a part of a double jig rig. This gives the fish two choices and then I zone in on what the fiish are telling me.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Kody ....

Quote Originally Posted by kody
    how exactly do you fish tudes
    ive heard different ways
    with a bobber and just putting it on a hook and kinda jig it

and advice would be appreciated
    There's any number of ways to fish a tube. Most people cast, troll, vertical jig, or shoot docks with them.

Most of the time, when I'm using a jighead & tube .... I'm casting it around wood. And I'm using a 1/16oz weedless jighead. I cast "across" my intended target - hold my rod at about the 10 o'clock position - and very slowly reel in my line (slow enough that the jig is coming towards me more by swinging to me, underwater, than me dragging it towards me by reeling). I'm using 4lb hi-vis line, and watching the line for any telltale signs of a hit. Those signs can be : a slight jump in the line (tic) - a harder jump in the line (thump) - a sideways movement of the line, away from the direct path between splashdown and rodtip - or a suddenly slack line, when I know the jig cannot be on the bottom .... any one of which will signal to me to set the hook !! And I'm usually using a 6-8ft lite/med lite action rod.
    And, after casting a piece of cover thoroughly ... I may move in overtop of that cover, and Vertical Cast it ... especially if it's thick and/or hard to probe from a distance.

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I generally fish them just the way crappiepappy describes above - cast and use a sssllllloooowwww retrieve. I usually always rig a second rod to simply hang over the side while I'm casting the first rod. Between the two, I generally do well enough to feed the family a couple times from a single fishing trip.

They also work well trolled real slow - and are a good way to find where the fish are without electronics. By slow, I'm talking real slow - I've got a 28lb thrust MinKota on a 10' aluminum rowboat and I run it at it's slowest setting, if I've got someone fishing with me, that's slow enough, but if I'm by my self, I do a lot of on-off with the motor to keep the speed slow enough.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    is there any color preferences to water clarity
    and if so what do you think would be best for a tea stained lake

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    what do you think would be best for a tea stained lake
    How about a big glass and plenty of ice?? :D :D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    is there any color preferences to water clarity
    and if so what do you think would be best for a tea stained lake
    Here is some of the colors I use and for stained water I'd use a blk/chat,red/chat or any dark color. Hope this helps.