Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pics of my Nite Lites for Woodguy

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of my Nite Lites for Woodguy

I usually rig up my pontoon to nite fish. But much too water to get to the pontoon carrying all the stuff...The clamp lamps are a convenience for me...I use them around the shop and also at the boat dock to nite fish. Keeps equipment count down..
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I usually rig up my pontoon to nite fish. But much too water to get to the pontoon carrying all the stuff...The clamp lamps are a convenience for me...I use them around the shop and also at the boat dock to nite fish. Keeps equipment count down..
    You should be aware that you run the risk of electrocution by having 110 volts around water. Maybe a ground fault interrupter would be make it safer.

Post Thanks / Like

Cane pole are you submerging any light or just using the elevated light to attract Crappie. I went last weekend & submerged a green light caught 6 mostly small. Only used a small lantern for overhead light. Is it better to go with a brighter overhead light?

Post Thanks / Like

Default you are right, However

Quote Originally Posted by bnish
    You should be aware that you run the risk of electrocution by having 110 volts around water. Maybe a ground fault interrupter would be make it safer.
    There are ways to insure safety with any power, be it ac or dc. I weatherproof this stuff. I will detail this if any one is interested. There are marine products available for this type rig. Fuel lanterns are dangerous, Qbeams, batteries, charcoal grills, etc. are dangerous on water. Use caution. Always check your gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes and No

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    Cane pole are you submerging any light or just using the elevated light to attract Crappie. I went last weekend & submerged a green light caught 6 mostly small. Only used a small lantern for overhead light. Is it better to go with a brighter overhead light?
    I use a floater and elevated lites. I can adjust my clamp-on lamps from near the water, to seven feet in the air. I try everything. Usually when I catch only small fish, that tells me I set up "camp" in the wrong spot. Move on, try another spot if you have time. Trial and error. I use yellow bulbs in my clamp-ons and a headlamp floater (clear).

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Cane Pole........thanks for the pics! I will try and rig up something similar. A couple of nite pics on the water would be cool, if possible. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to run that inverter if it started to rain . I am also looking for a telescoping type mast to run some lights out from the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I use a floater and elevated lites. I can adjust my clamp-on lamps from near the water, to seven feet in the air. I try everything. Usually when I catch only small fish, that tells me I set up "camp" in the wrong spot. Move on, try another spot if you have time. Trial and error. I use yellow bulbs in my clamp-ons and a headlamp floater (clear).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cane Pole. Got your message too late. Went night fishing used only green fluorescent submerged about five feet deep. Slayed the crappie, no bugs easy to watch the float for bites caught over 40, 28 of them were keepers 7 really nice slabs. What a night of fishing.