Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Log Book

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Log Book

I've been keeping a fishing log book for a couple of years now. I think it really helps to catch fish under certain conditions. The one I have is pretty basic. I'd like to get a more detailed log. Any of you guys know of a site on the web that offers one or have any suggestions as to where I can find something to help? Thanks in advance.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechappy
    I've been keeping a fishing log book for a couple of years now. I think it really helps to catch fish under certain conditions. The one I have is pretty basic. I'd like to get a more detailed log. Any of you guys know of a site on the web that offers one or have any suggestions as to where I can find something to help? Thanks in advance.
    I made my own using MS Excel.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bass daily planner, It gives peak fishing times major and second, moon phases, Each year I log each trip, who fished, what was caught where we fished and listed the boat used first, Donnie/Adam or Dave /Donnie, air temp. water temp. water clarity and time fished all on the calender, Then on the back page I list date and what species as a quick reference.
    It helps solve some arguments and Helps with C.R.S.
    Rowdy
    Last edited by Rowdy; 07-29-2007 at 06:14 PM.
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a neat site.........

that will let you go back in history and look at conditions on any given day (wind, pressure, temp, moon, etc........). Just put in your zip and date. It'd be interesting if a fella had time to put all this info from all his trips in an Excel spreadsheet to see if there's a trend :rolleyes:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've been keeping

a log since 2000. I used 'word' and entered all things I thought would be helpful. printed 50 pages on both sides and punched holes and bound each year in a folder. AND it does refresh your memory!! here's what I use.
    good fishin'

Last edited by dmann436; 07-30-2007 at 05:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

here's a link to a simple log.
    http://www.knot2worry.us/fishinglog.pdf
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Agree with Luvjign

wunderground is my main weather site- the history will show you why they quit bitin a 10:30 yesterday mornin' (I keep my eye on the barometer)
    I did try including several things in a different log, temp, barometric press, wind, moon phase, and fishing calendar for a more detailed look at a given day. it was more trouble than it was worth, having to capture diff bits of info and get it all printed on one page - I just got tired of it after a few months. I still keep the diary of a fisherman tho.

good fishin

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign
    that will let you go back in history and look at conditions on any given day (wind, pressure, temp, moon, etc........). Just put in your zip and date. It'd be interesting if a fella had time to put all this info from all his trips in an Excel spreadsheet to see if there's a trend :rolleyes:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    Last edited by dmann436; 07-30-2007 at 05:18 AM.