Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Clinton Lake

Clinton was pretty good yesterday. Crappie Chatt and I stayed after them and ended up with fifty-five. We had to move around and figure out what they wanted. Clearer water was the ticket. Go to the trees and you will find the crappie. As usual if it needed to be measured it went back. We cleaned 11.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm starting to do pretty good at Clinton again this week, I've been going after work in the evenings. I cleaned 11 on monday and I kept nine tomight. I think I might have to take Crappie Chatts advice and use "minners" i'm missing 10 for every one i catch on jigs. They just keep pulling the tube off on me. I do get lucky once in a while if i'm persistant though. You'll get these little tiny nibbles and you think it's a small fish but alot of times it's a good one just pecking at it. Most of the fish i've caught are just "barely" hooked. I've lost several really nice crappie pulling the hook out of there lip too. Heck I don't even think they want to eat the jig it just irritates them. I'll get some minners and try that this weekend to see if it improves my hookup ratio. I've probably been catching at least 50 fish a evening, i'm just loosing to many good ones. I saved Chatts "lazy crappie" episode of Midwest Crappie on my DVR and watched it again tonight. That's what i'll give a shot this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been using nibbles?thats how they're biting here now but if you use nibbles with your jig they will suck it in and hold on long enough for you to put a hook in em....minnows probably will work better but i'm just too damn lazy to use em very often.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

minners will help you...I was recently there on a morning...6-8 and 1 fish on jigs...went and got minners and a limit by 12:30...in the summer minners can make a big difference...fall and spring well that is another story.

Post Thanks / Like

kscrappiehunter. Watch it closely again IT'S WORKING at Clinton. Caught a limit of 12 to 14inchers :D :D :D TODAY!!!! Dang it was Hot!!! No wind,,,no jet skis, and NOBODY else around:D :D :D Ol Hef will be in the boat tomorrow. Could be a triple digit catch. I'll be in the Alumacraft Center console laughing. Ya see me come by and I'll show ya what I'll be grinning about! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chatt,

The first winter show will be completely done by this Friday. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I send you a copy!!!!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

:D :D I guess:rolleyes: Friday afternoon would work for me:D :D :D Really been tearin' them up at Clinton. Finding new areas everytime out. It's just endless trees in every arm. Have you been out trying it?? <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER