Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling in the fall?

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling in the fall?

Do any of you have as much luck trolling in the fall as you do in spring? If so, do you go to the same places year-round, or different places at different seasons?

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dependant on the lake long line trolling can be hot in the fall. Fish tend to cruise on flats and points near river/creek channels. Though seeing you are from NC, I would think dockshotting, tightlining minnows over structure and/or pushing jigs or minnows would be your best bet. From my experiences in NC you mostly have clear deep lakes which puts fish under docks or structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Fall is my favorite time to troll here in Georgia. You can really load the boat with some good numbers. The weather is usually very comfortable. Also you don't have to worry about jet skiers and other boats fishing on top of you. Other than just a few bass boats, you have the lake to yourself. I usually find my fish either on 8 to 15 foot feeding flats or over brush in 17 to 20 feet of water. Fall is by far my favorite time to troll, but maybe it's because I've been looking forward to it all Summer.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF