Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scales

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scales

What is the best scales to buy.Need some that will weigh maybe 15-20 lbs(if needed) and still be accurate for smaller fish like crappie & bluegills the smaller 1-2 lb range.I got a pair a rapalas for xmas after weighing maybe 40-50 different fishes and different weights they seemed to not be accurate on smaller fish under 4-5 lbs.I like to find sime that would be accurate for all smaller freshwater fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Rapala hand scales pretty good for the money. You can search Google or Yahoo. They make a million different types of scales. Just depends on what you are wanting to pay for a set. Some of the postal and food scales are highly accurate down to a fine tooth comb. I'd just try and make sure that whatever you get is somewhat waterproof. Like I said it just depends on how accurate and what you are willing to spend.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Rapalas are the best multiuse scales I have found, but they are still not accurate on smaller fish. I use postal scales for crappie when culling for tournaments and on larger bluegill/shellcracker.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't argue with my rapala scales...they are the cheaper version, "sprotsman" model I think they call them and I weighed a lot household items that had the weight posted on the container and they were pretty doggone close, dead on most of the time actually.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Rapala 15 pound model. Easy to use, back light for nighttime, memory, more accurate on the smaller fish than the 50 pound model. And if I catch a fish that's over 15 pounds and it breaks my scales, so what!!!

Eddie
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebhome
    I like my Rapala 15 pound model. Easy to use, back light for nighttime, memory, more accurate on the smaller fish than the 50 pound model. And if I catch a fish that's over 15 pounds and it breaks my scales, so what!!!

Eddie
    Ditto on the Rapala 15 lb. scales.........I compared objects of different weights (from 1 lb. up to 5 lbs.) that I weighed on some commercial calibrated digital scales and then the Rapala, and it was 1 oz. difference in the Rapala and the commercial scales at 4.5 lbs. That's pretty doggone accurate
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to pick one of those up. I smashed my set of Berkly 50# scales when they were off by 7 ounces the day of the tournament....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign
    Ditto on the Rapala 15 lb. scales.........I compared objects of different weights (from 1 lb. up to 5 lbs.) that I weighed on some commercial calibrated digital scales and then the Rapala, and it was 1 oz. difference in the Rapala and the commercial scales at 4.5 lbs. That's pretty doggone accurate
    Got one just like it, but it goes to 20, I think. Check it out once in a while and ain't failed me yet. I have have small weights for powder weighin and I have checked it from 1 ounce all the way through 3 pounds, ounce by ounce, never more than 1 ounce off.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a berkly 50 pound model and have had good luck with it. hung a 6 ounce bank sinker on it and it was right on the money. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion