Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Hobby

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Little Hobby

Just thought I would share my little hobby I decided to get into. When you cant get out to go fishing and the VA has made you totally Disabled you have some time to make hobbies lol. This is a childs rocking chair. It can also be used for dolls lol. My buddy has started having a trade days here in Paducah so I figured what the heck might as well get in on it. This is totally nailess and screwless. The piece in the back that you see slid thru the slot is the key. With this in place the chair will not come apart. I made them from wood from the Farm House where my Wife was raised. She is the youngest of 9 children so I figure this wood already has plenty of experience with children lol. By the way I had not yet sanded the rough edges on the chair at the time of pics lol.

Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, those are cool. We used to have a couple when we were young.
    I don't want to hijack your thread, just maybe give you another ideal.
    If you are into woodworking, I saw a chair/ladder the other day at the home of a co-workers in-laws. I took some pics with my phone. I don't know how old it is, just know that it is old. Here are the pics.

You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some pretty cool chairs, I have wanted one of those ladder chairs since I saw one years ago, but I never had the plans and don't have alot of woodworking tools although you probably don't need much more than a jigsaw.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I wish I either had the plans or the chair. either way I could make more. Thanks for the pics. Ive never seen one of those.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    Wow I wish I either had the plans or the chair. either way I could make more. Thanks for the pics. Ive never seen one of those.
    I am going to try just with the pics. Be great if I had a better pic. I like your chair, too. Very cute. Have you got a finished pic? Would also like to have the plans. Here are some pics of the cradle I built for our 2nd baby that is due Aug. 30.

Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and WOW I love the crib. Did you build it? Here are some pics of one I just painted.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nice job

If you have the desire to maybe you can hit some crafts fairs/consignment shops, make a little Uncle Sam-free fun money.

I used to go thru the little hayseed town of East Bernard, TX to work on horses. There was a antique/consignment shop there and a local man made stuff outta old barnwood/cedar fences/etc... I picked up several pieces over the years and one day happened upon an older couple in a WalMart parking lot with a pickup full of old cedar fencing. They were fixin to pay to dump it, lived just 3 miles from me. I got it and made myself a handy dandy bookshelf
    out of some-gave the rest to a woodworker friend. If ya want pics for ideas all is in the house here.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see the pics thanks. Hey horseshoer I help out an 88 year old man just south of Paducah. He was in the 1st Cav in WWII. Great guy. I schedule my VA appointments the same time as his and we just carpool toghether since they are usually 2 hours away.

Post Thanks / Like

The 1st 2 pics go together. I dont think the 2 cabinets were made for it specificly-just nic-nac cases, but they made dandy spice racks. The pic between em comes from him also.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Both these pic frames are from him, theres a matching one to the big one
    not in photo. Also the corner shelf.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The bookcase I did.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have seen some really nice and much larger stuff made out of barnwood-
    kitchen hutches, cabinets, some of it involving porcelein knobs, chicken wire, kinda rustic-looking.

I see the 1st Cav has been in Iraq since day 1. Say hi to yur buddy.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Boy I love that book shelf. Well I love it all. I got some barbed wire that was made in the 1800s from his place. Got it when I took down the fence lol. Dont know what im going to do with it yet but did put 2 cedar posts in the flower garden and put some on it and strung the black berry vines, I bought, on it. I have a pretty good bit of it. That ole Buddy of mine to this day doesnt drink tea or eat coconut. He said he had enough of that stuff in the Philipines in WWII lol. If they make something with the 1st Calvary on it he has it. Caps, window stickers, magnets, and beltbuckles. Heck he even has a 1st Calvary Magnet on his old Model A truck lol. Being 100% Service Connected Dissabled myself I am always looking for good projects. Just have a big problem of lack of room to make them so I take up the wifes carport lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast