Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site problem?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Site problem?

Is anyone besides me having problems here? I am constantly having to hit my back arrow or refresh to get things to show properly. I participate in an outboard repair forum that also uses v-bulletin but don't have any problems there.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Bill.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, same problem here lately, sometimes refresh works, but lots of times i get the popup saying "document contains no data".
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been haveing the same problem here.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

I MUST NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM BECAUSE I DON,T KNOW WHATYOUR TALKIN ABOUT
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation IBN/guys .....

I don't think it's V-bulletin ... or else everyone would likely have the same problem, or similar ones. Might be a pop-up blocker, or a setting that's been changed, your internet connection, or program tweak that's interfering with your connection or making it unstable.
    There are times when I can't seem to connect with the site ... but, most of the time that's because Ed is tweaking the system, or there's a server problem/connection problem on his end of the web.
    Some people are running Firefox, and are having some issues, but I'm not sure if that's connected to this particular situation. I used to run Windows ME and Internet Explorer ... never had a problem like yours. Now I'm running Vista Home Prem & IE and still no such problem.
    Nonetheless ... I've already PM'd Ed, and alerted him to this thread. So, hang on guys ... and let Ed see if he can figure out what the deal is.

... cp

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    I don't think it's V-bulletin ... or else everyone would likely have the same problem, or similar ones. Might be a pop-up blocker, or a setting that's been changed, your internet connection, or program tweak that's interfering with your connection or making it unstable.
    There are times when I can't seem to connect with the site ... but, most of the time that's because Ed is tweaking the system, or there's a server problem/connection problem on his end of the web.
    Some people are running Firefox, and are having some issues, but I'm not sure if that's connected to this particular situation. I used to run Windows ME and Internet Explorer ... never had a problem like yours. Now I'm running Vista Home Prem & IE and still no such problem.
    Nonetheless ... I've already PM'd Ed, and alerted him to this thread. So, hang on guys ... and let Ed see if he can figure out what the deal is.

... cp
    I hear ya CP but it seems like I would have the same problem on other sites if it were me or my ISP. But then I know just enough about puters to screw thing up once in a while.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know why this is happening to some people and not others. The only thing I can think of is that I have been having connection problems with my ISP, but that's been "relatively" rare. once every 3-4 day lately, my connection goes down and comes back within 5 minutes. I reset the radio and we're back on the air. My ISP says there no problem, and they suggested I reset my router, which I did yesterday. So, we'll see if it was a router issue, or an ISP issue if the outages persist.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest trouble is replying to a PM. If it's a little large it will not reply and I have to completely take off their part to reply and then it works. I also at times have trouble replying to a post that gets long.

Lately I have to copy and paste a copy of my reply into my Word and then keep trying and sooner or later it will go.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no Probs for MS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast