Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weezer you Da Man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weezer you Da Man

Thanks Weezer for the pic of your stake driver, I can't wait to build one just like it, and drilling the holes was a super idea to.
    I'll like to say this type of kindness of Richard just shows what a super great
    guy Richard is, he is always helping people, wanting nothing in return.
    Maybe someday I'll get a chance to fish with him.
    Thanks Richard...............srm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Thanks Weezer for the pic of your stake driver, I can't wait to build one just like it, and drilling the holes was a super idea to.
    Your very welcome buddy, any time. And thanks for the kind words.:o
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Spider Rig man,
    Don't be saying all those nice things about him. He's got this BIG UGLY head and you are just making it bigger. I swear he is just as bad as Shiloh Red. I tell both of them that put together they wouldn't make one good one. HAHA!!! Weezer should sell that driver cheap. He doesn't use it anymore. He has bucket drivers now. Their names are Donald and Todd. Come on Richard put the stake driver specs up for the rest of us to see. Todd

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunter
    Spider Rig man,
    Don't be saying all those nice things about him. He's got this BIG UGLY head and you are just making it bigger. I swear he is just as bad as Shiloh Red. I tell both of them that put together they wouldn't make one good one. HAHA!!! Weezer should sell that driver cheap. He doesn't use it anymore. He has bucket drivers now. Their names are Donald and Todd. Come on Richard put the stake driver specs up for the rest of us to see. Todd

Don't listen to Todd. He is just mad because he can't get some one to do his dirty work. :D I have been emailing the priint to any one that wants one. I will try to get it small enough to put it here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, How do you hold the stake in the driver until you get it started in the lake bottom? Then do you use a hammer to drive it in the lake bottom? How do you hold your boat steady in the same area to get them (stakes) close together? Stupid questions, but I like to have a clear picture in my mind when I start.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

SRM when you get ready let me know. And I will come help you out.
    Well as soon as I figure out how to walk right again. Hope to get back out in a few weeks. Been 7 weeks today.
    But you know I have this Buddy. Named Todd he is a push over. And I bet we can get him to do all the work for us LOL

Richard do yo think the bambo would work to drive in for beds?

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weezer

Ya'll better quit picking on the Wizard, he'll cast a spell all over ya'll's fishing,
    and never catch another crappie again. They don't call him the Wizard for nothing you know, ya'll better be careful.

srm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechaser2
    Richard, How do you hold the stake in the driver until you get it started in the lake bottom? Then do you use a hammer to drive it in the lake bottom? How do you hold your boat steady in the same area to get them (stakes) close together? Stupid questions, but I like to have a clear picture in my mind when I start.

OK, here's the scoop on how I drive stake beds. And you really need two people to do this. I anchor my boat at both ends so the boat won't move around too much. Start at the front of the boat and have one person hold a stake straight up and down with one end sticking down toward the bottom. The other person can place the driver over the other end of the stake and let the driver sink all the way to the bottom of the lake. (you don't have to worry about the stake coming out of the driver because the stake floats) When the stake hits the bottom of the lake, just hammer it as deep as you want it to go. (the block of wood that is inside the driver will keep the stake from going up through the pipe) Grab another stake and move over just a bit and drive that one. Keep doing this until you have moved all the way around the boat.
    I normally use 50 to 75 stakes per bed. The reason for all the holes in the driver is to let all the air out of it to make it easier to sink. Plus you won't get near as wet that way.:D If you are going to drive stakes in water more than 10 feet deep, just add more sections of pipe to the driver until your able to reach the bottom.
    I also try to keep the stakes short enough so no more than 3 feet of the stake is sticking up off the bottom. I usually catch bigger fish on the shorter stakes. I don't know why, it just happens that way for me.
    Hope this has helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 1weezer, I'm fixin' to start putting out stakebeds myself instead of brushpiles. Tired of the brush settling down to the bottom. I was told that the stakes don't really need to be over 3 feet tall. I also notice that I seem to catch the bigger crappie closer to the bottom of the stakebeds that I have out now.
    What are you building your stakes out of? The few stakebeds that I have out I built out of cypress slabs cut 2x2 and have been in about 10 years.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb 'chaser2 ....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechaser2
    The "stake driver" itself is used to "pound/press/tamp" the stakes into the lake bottom ... no hammer necessary. (that's one reason for the 1.5-2ft holder section, so you can raise/lower it and drive the stake into the bottom)
    (Weez ... correct me if I'm wrong on this)

I see no reason why stakes/poles/dry boo stalks/boards/PVC pipe could not be used to make "stake beds" -- as long as they'll fit inside the holder section, and the lake bottom is soft enough to allow them to penetrate deep enough to stay.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast