Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious

A lot of folks on here talk about their boat setups..but very few have actually said what type of boat they fish from. I have the feeling the boats used run the full range of what's available out there. I fish out of a 2003 Tracker Tournament V-18 with a 90 horse Merc and have a 10 horse Merc kicker on it for the hp restricted lakes and my best fishing buddy is my wife who likes to fish just as much as I do. How about a short description of your boats and who you like fishing with ..may be interesting...thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey kenny, I would be glad to. I have a welded alumminum 1980 Gregor I bought it about 2 years ago. When i bought it, it had bench seats(not good enough). So i tore out the bench seats put in a flat deck with a raised casting plat form , rod and storage lockers(all wraped in a vinal). I have a transom and a bow mounted trolling motors and a 25 hp 1980 outboard which is currently broke and the parts are in the mail. I talk down about it alot but when i fish it, i fish it proud.
    And my fishing parter is mostly my Girlfriend, but I Do not know why I take her she always catches more fish than me. :p
    Last edited by Kokanee King; 02-20-2005 at 09:53 PM.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 99 Smoker Craft 16 foot deep V with a walkthru windshield, 50HP Honda motor, 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke for a kicker and HP restricted lakes, and a bowmount and transom mount electric motors. It has a standup top and side curtains which extends my fishing season up here in the northern climate. I previously have a 16 foot tiller boat which was more suited to fishing but not comfort friendly for the crew in poor weather. My wife is also my fishing partner, so I have to keep her comfortable and I don't mind it so much myself!

Post Thanks / Like

I have '96 Ranger 375XT dual console with 150 hp Merc engine. When I bought the boat last year it already had the bases for driftmaster rod holders (I reloacted a couple of them). I had used Roberts rod holders so made a bracket to fit the driftmaster bases and use the Roberts rod holders which are adjustable. I have an Eagle Ultra Classic depth finder on the dash in addition to flasher unit and another Eagle Tri-Finder 2 on the front with transducer mounted on Minn Kota 50 # thrust Trolling motor.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is an old 1983, 16 ft, Bonito bass boat with a 150 Merc on it. I use home made rod holders that work quit well for me and my 80 year old fishing buddy. Its old but in excellent mechanical condition and doesn't look too bad. It has a lot more motor than I really need but once in a while its fun to get out there and out run a lot of the green carp fishermen. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat type

Well Kenny;
    I fish from a 1996 Fisher, it's all welded aluminum, 17ft single console, deep Vee. It's powered by a 115 mariner. I've got a 1958 Evinrude 18 fast twin I use for a kicker sometimes. As well as a 42lb Minncota for the rear. A 12/24 electric for the front. I love it.. I've had it ten miles out past the Biahonda bridge in the keys, hunting Mahi-mahi....lake Michigan, Lake Huron( Georgian bay), and to the Gas rigs off Mobile bay. The only thing I'd do different would be to have a 4 stroke.
    Luck to ya

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is a 79 bumble bee wiyh a 55 hp motor. home made rod holders and rack , have a newer cimmaron with a 65 hp meercuray on it . got some bugs to work out befor i run it . i have a 1973 chapparell with a 50 hp evinrude on it planningon putting a 70 hp . as soon as i can git some more parts . the wife is my fishing partner when she can go . she is working every other weekin .http://img154.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ectboat0ye.jpg
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Tn countryboy how fast will that boat go with a 115? I have an 05 fisher 17ft and its only rated for a 90hp. I have a 90 Optimax on it and I get 52 by myself. 2 people and fully loaded 43mph. It's a great feel, almost as good as fiberglass. Kenny how fast will that Tracker v-18 go with a 90?

Post Thanks / Like

Seeker...my Tracker will do 51mph with wife and myself in it if water conditions are good.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1991 Ranger 690 Single console, 18' walleye style boat. 1998 Evinrude 175, OMC trolling motor on front. Lowrance x135 on dash, Bottomline 320 on bow (not happy with that unit), Garmin 176C on dash. Driftmasters set up for James river catfishing and Buggs Island Striper drifting. Just added a T-bar to the front as I am new to crappie fishing. This is my year to try to catch some.

I just need to find a crappie or perch now!

Go Fish.

Dayton

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast