Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sharing Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing Fish

Had an opportunity to share the crappie I caught this spring with everyone at the work place. A good fellow that works with us was retiring today so a co-worker asked if I'd help fry up some fish. He was planning on buying some catfish to cook. I told him that I thought there was enough crappie in my freezer to feed everyone. Thanks to a productive spring fishing I did have enough. I thawed out all the crappie I had today and put it to the grease.

There were several people at work that had never tried crappie before. Needless to say, they all know why I fish for them now. Complimented the fish with fries and hushpuppies and had some good eats and a really good send off for our friend.

It's sure fun catching crappie, but I think it's even funner getting to share them with everyone.

The freezer empty now besides a turkey tail fan from the spring and some freezer pops. Guess I better get geared up for fall crappie fishing.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great Brad. I did the same for some people I work with about a month ago. Some of them had never had crappie either. They all said that ws the best fish they'd ever eaten. Now I have to restock also. It kinda makes me feel good to share.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You know, my Mom lives on the coast and the old fishermen there provide the widow ladies their excess fish fillets!

I want to be like them some day!

In the meantime, I night fish all summer so there is never a shortage. I love to fry fish for people I like. We have office get togethers and I fry fish at meetings throughout the state when me and my co-workers get together! I fry fish on camping trips and at duck hunting camp too. Good times.

I give bags of frozen crappie fillets to a few of my favorite neighbors and such too. Share the love!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

That's great Brad! I like it when your freezer is empty. LOL :D
    Give me a call about some November days ole buddy.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joewildlife
    You know, my Mom lives on the coast and the old fishermen there provide the widow ladies their excess fish fillets!

I want to be like them some day!

In the meantime, I night fish all summer so there is never a shortage. I love to fry fish for people I like. We have office get togethers and I fry fish at meetings throughout the state when me and my co-workers get together! I fry fish on camping trips and at duck hunting camp too. Good times.

I give bags of frozen crappie fillets to a few of my favorite neighbors and such too. Share the love!

Joe
    Reminds me of an evening in Manhattan Kansas. A coworker and I went fishing while the others in our group went bar hopping. We went out to a little state fishing lake and asked an old man if he minded if we shared the fishing dock with him. He grumped around but allowed as it was a public dock. We took that as a yes. When my buddy caught a crappie he asked if the old fella wanted it; the reply was put it in the bucket. When I caught one I put it in his bucket and he asked why we weren't keeping those nice fish?

We explained we were staying in a motel for several nignts and had no way of keeping the fish. He was thrilled to death to have two extra rods helping fill his bucket and was more than happy to share his minnows when we ran out.

As we visited with him we learned that there were a group of retired people who traded. He caught fish and gardened, one guy was a retired mechanic and did repair work and several widow ladies baked and canned. They wern't getting rich but they were stretching their retirement incomes. We just helped a few more stretch their's that evening and had a peek at what may be an option for us some day. And we made a friend who invited us to join him the following evening. To bad we had to leave the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine that is a firefighter asked me if I could catch enough fish for a fish fry for a group of senior men. The fry was to be for Father's day so I only had two weeks to get the crappie. A friend of mine and I fished our butts off and got enough crappie for the fry.I fried the fish along with fries and hush puppies and these men ate until they could not move. It gave me a good feeling to see these men enjoy their meal so much. We are already planing another fish fry for next year.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We normally host several fish fries each summer. I hosted one for family a couple years back and furnnished 5 gallons of Crappie fillets. Usually I perfer to feed them Catfish. I normally never run out of fish. Cause I Crappie fish several days a week most of the year. Also fish Catfish and do some netting.:D That is in between guide trips.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs