Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tite Line Special

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tite Line Special

Do any of you use the Wally Marshal Tite Line Special rods. If so, how do you use them. I've heard several guy say the don't have any action and I should use the Universal Crappie rods. Looked at some at BPS and the 18' was a beast!
    I don't fish because I want to, I fish because I HAVE to !

Moma tried real hard.

Post Thanks / Like

The 16 foot ones are a little too stiff but the 18 footers seem to be a lot better but the are also big money...I really like the universal rods though..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tight line special

Great rods for getting baits down in wind condions or when precise depth control is needed for slow trolling (pushing baits)! I use 16 footers to reach in front of the trolling motor and use 1/2 to 2oz. lead to keep baits in the strike zone.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tite Line Special Rods

NOTE THE WEIGHT CAPACITY ON THE TIGHT LINE SPECIAL RODS-UP TO 1 OZ.
    THE HEAVIER ROD CAPACITY WORKS BEST WHEN LEAD IS ADDED TO GET DOWN DEEPER. THE RODS REMAIN SENSITIVE WITH LEAD AND DO NOT BEND DOUBLE AS A LIGHTER ACTION ROD. TRUE, THE UNIVERSAL IS MORE SENSITIVE; HOWEVER MOST PEOPLE DO NOT FISH THESE POLES WITH 1/2 TO 3/4 OZ LEAD.

BnM MAKES A SERIES OF LIGHT AND HEAVY TROLLING RODS ALSO.

MONK WILSONhttp://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

All I use is Wally Marshall's. I love my 16 and 18 foot Wally's, but I tend to like a little stiffer rod to help guide the bigger fish a little better. They are great for long line trolling because once the fish feels the tension most of the time he is already hooked. If you plan on actually tightlining or spider rigging(pole fishing), I think the BnM's are better because of their sensitivity allowing you to see an extremely light bite.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF