Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dropper lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dropper lines

What is the easiest way to tie one? I have tried the dropper loop knot on animatedknots but had a difficult time doing it. Is there an easier way or an easier knot. I used to know a spider knot that worked well for this and was easy but forgot how to tie it and can't find instructions now. Any thing that will work and is easy will be much appreciated. Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I just make a loop on my hand and start rolling the two crossing lines about four times. Open up your last wrap and reach through the center and pull the remaining side of the loop through making a tail. If you hold the tail you made in your mouthwhile pulling it will make the knot close up perfectly when you pull on the two tag ends.

http://www.leadertec.com/fishing_kno...pper_loop.html
    Last edited by roh1961; 07-26-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roh1961
    I just make a loop on my hand and start rolling the two crossing lines about four times. Open up your last wrap and reach through the center and pull the remaining side of the loop through making a tail. If you hold the tail you made in your mouthwhile pulling it will make the knot close up perfectly when you pull on the two tag ends.

http://www.leadertec.com/fishing_kno...pper_loop.html
    Thanks for trying to help but I am still having trouble. I don't know what you mean by rolling with the loop around your hand and if I try it the other way and hold where I make a loop then every time I try to loop it over, I end up turning loose and it just unravels. I have tried bigger loops and smaller loops. I know it has to be easier than this for god sakes. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks roh1961

I'm like crappiefarmer I have a rough time with this knot myself. Your explaination sank in for some reason (must be the east texas air tonight). crappiefarmer, get you a peice of trot line stagin and practice with that till you really get the knot down good then fight the monofilament. It can be frustrating to learn but don't give up. Ferdie aka Fred

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CF,

Buy some monofilament surf leaders with the drooper loops already made. You get 20 for about 3 bucks. Save some hassle.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"