Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: James River 24 July 07

Post Thanks / Like

Default James River 24 July 07

Got to Daves at 0600 and headed up 460 to Hopewell Virginia to launch and fish the DUTCH GAP area of the James River.....got there just after 0730 and drop the bait net in and then drifted for a few catfish with cut spot from home......No takers......checked back in the net and had 8 or so nice fat shad....the mainstay of the river.
    - went up river and tied off to some dead trees....( I HATE ANCHORING ).....there were dozens of LM Bass busting the top of the water just after sunrise and we had NOTHING for them....all CATFISH RIGS & SET UPS !! Tossed out some cut shad and Dave lands a little blue catfishy ! Time set & no more fish....second spot we ties up and Dave get a channel catfish.....Time set and move to the 3rd spot....we gotta use the anchor cause we are in deep water where I let the 42 pounder go with Eberwein ......Dave gets a 5 pounder and we set a bit and move on......next to spot were more of a scouting spots for next trip......all this YESTERDAY while JW slept threw it....we beat on his door, called his cell....to no avail we went without him........maybe next time he will get to go huh Dave.....Nah, he has to WORK !@!@!@!@!@!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Good pics Jamie.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

thanx Grand Master Crappie slayer !! I fish everyday......inshore,offshore,inshore,inshore,fre shwater....out to the tower spearfishing today. inshore again tomorro,CLT saturday....offshore again next week.......when I die I know where I am going cause I already live in heaven !!!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER